Reviews

Juliet514
Level 1
Perth, Australia

Reviews

I have recently had a guest who broke the house rules, I felt too scared to leave a review on this guest incase she left me a nasty review in return. I felt disappointed that I was unable to make other host aware of her bad conduct.

can you fix this please.

3 Replies 3
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Juliet514 🙂

The guest cannot read your review until after they have written one themselves (in case you didn't know). In cases like yours where you don't want to notify the guest that you have left a review (because it will trigger the guest to leave a review as well) just wait to leave it within the last 5 minutes before the deadline. You got 14 days to leave a review and you can see exactly how much time you got left if you enter the review. If you wait til last minute the guest won't have the time to write a review before it is to late.

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

@Juliet514 If the guest leaves a review it will get posted 1) when you leave a review  as well 2) If you choose not to leave a review, the guest review will get published when the review period is over - 14 days after check-out.

So it's not like that if you don't leave a review the guest review won't get published. It will - after the review period is over or the second you publish one as well :-). 

Charles224
Level 10
Clare, Australia

It's important to leave an honest review, and be as specific as you can regarding the broken rules. 

The 'end bit' of your review is really important (where you are asked the YES or NO question).

When you choose the NO, that guest can no longer use Instant Book, making their previous reviews visible to future Hosts. Overall, a poor review from one guest is lost amongst your positive ones, and you can put a cheery comment below it anyway. A poor review of the Guest will be a 'flashing light' to future Hosts. 

Chin up ! 

Cheers, Charles

@Juliet514