Reviews

Ellen908
Level 2
Smyrna, GA

Reviews

I have a proposal for Airbnb - a new feature idea!

I propose Airbnb add a feature that allows guests and hosts to see what kind a reviews users leave, much like Google does. I should be able to go to a person's profile and see the last 5 or 6 or 10 reviews THEY LEFT for others, be it for their hosts or guests. I strongly believe there is a larger amount of people on the platform that simply do not understand the culture behind Airbnb and use the reviews much too stringently. This is damaging people's whole livelihoods. Good, honest hosts and guest can be taken down by one overly harsh review. I think we deserve to see how a person is likely to rate a stay BEFORE we get into bed with them! Pun intended 🙂

1 Reply 1

@Ellen908  If both parties have reviewed each other, you can click on one reviewer's profile to search for the reciprocal review by date. But that can be time-consuming when you're scrolling through a host profile with thousands of reviews. There's a plug-in called AirReview that skips this step in theory, but it's actually an extremely buggy piece of software that causes other apps to misbehave, so I really can't recommend it.

I agree that checking the reviews a guest has left for other hosts is as important as seeing the reviews hosts have left for them. It would be nice to have a built-in feature that makes this easier. But I don't think Airbnb has any incentive to develop a feature that would result in hosts declining or cancelling more bookings. Even when they appear to be promoting "inclusivity," they're really more interested in pressuring hosts to take all comers for fear of discrimination claims.