Rodent Feces EVERYWHERE! Door County Rentals - Schook Shack - Promised FULL REFUND, shorts us AIRBNB Charges and tells us to go to AirBNB for that portion.

Dave975
Level 2
Middleton, WI

Rodent Feces EVERYWHERE! Door County Rentals - Schook Shack - Promised FULL REFUND, shorts us AIRBNB Charges and tells us to go to AirBNB for that portion.

How do places like this even stay in business.  I was hoping to end this amicably, but it seems that Door County Rentals want to make this even worse than simply ruining my daughters birthday vacation and our entire weekend.   We were supposed to be there right now through Sunday, but the condition of the rental inst even safe for human use.  There must be hundreds of mice and rats behind the walls to leave poop all over the entire rental like that.    Even between the sheets, the kitchen counters, the kitchen sink, in the drawers, the linen closest.    Making the bed as soon as I arrived is when we discovered.  See pics attached.  

We immediately called the emergency line they gave us and a guy named Bob admitted that they have had mice problems at that location ALL summer.  So they knew about it, and still did NOTHING.  Not a mouse trap to be found.  The next day, when we were promised a full refund from Jodi, she decided to go on to claim that they have "never has rodent problems at that location."    Their game is loud and clear now. 

And AIRBNB..??  Where can I start?  This page and the customer service sure has changed over the last 20yrs.  We own rentals out west and thankfully we dont use AIRBNB.  Would hate to treat my customers the way they treat yours.   Like they simply do not Exist. 

I would like to know when and how will we receive the remaining $219 from the $1488 payment?  We were promised a FULL REFUND.  And where is that $500 deposit too!?!?!?     I spent 5hrs cleaning the poop too.  I guess I will be suing for reimbursement of time and fuel on top of the $219 and deposit,  if we dont get our refund soon.   

20201001_192731.jpg20201001_193649.jpg20201001_193702.jpg20201001_193832.jpg20201002_055705.jpg20201001_193531.jpg20201001_193640.jpg

16 Replies 16
Dave975
Level 2
Middleton, WI

Not much can be done now, but maybe a simple refund, which we still dont have.   We came home and made the best of it.  But my daughter is ready to speak up in court on this matter if she has to, and we are proud of her for it.  We will see this through if we have to.  And of course seek a full disclosure of damages as well.  Hopefully it wont come to that. 

Not a good sign that they are fighting my paypal dispute tooth and nail.  Seems to be getting pretty fishy around here! 

-- D

Dave975
Level 2
Middleton, WI

UPDATE:  Now AIRBNB is trying to charge me back the full amount.  Such a crooked company.  Guess they earned another Yelp and Google Review after this one...