Secrurity/bond deposit

Linda3060
Level 1
Kallaroo, Australia

Secrurity/bond deposit

I would like to know if it possible to increase the security bond for a 5 day period for s potential booking 

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Linda3060  no - changes you apply to your listing AFTER a booking is made in terms of pricing/cancellation policies etc,  will only affect future bookings and will apply across the board.

Why would you need a different deposit for a five day booking as a opposed to say a 4 day or 8 day booking, by the way?

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

If the booking is not yet made & it's still at the inquiry stage, then I guess you could get the potential guest to withdraw the request, amend your pricing, THEN get them to book??

BUT, @Linda3060 , a more pertinent question might be, Does the security bond exist, and will it be any good to me in case of disaster? No money is actually taken, it's just a theoretical notion, and I've read threads here where hosts were unable to recover any losses through the "security deposit."

- Why not have a look at other threads on this subject, and check out the wording of the official policy, Linda?

Jenny1362
Level 1
Eltham, Australia

I have a house at Rosebud and have had a enquiry for schoolies week 9 girls.  Can I ask them to pay a security bond just for that booking?