Seeking literary gems: Share your favourite books! ๐Ÿ“š

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Seeking literary gems: Share your favourite books! ๐Ÿ“š

38021160_Emiliano_Tepoztlan-0655.jpg

Today, we're celebrating the joy of reading and the power of books to transport us to different worlds and inspire our imagination ๐ŸŒŸโœจ

As hosts, you have the opportunity to connect with guests from all over the globe, each with their own unique stories and experiences. So, in the spirit of World Book Day, we'd love to hear from you! ๐Ÿซถ๐Ÿฝ

As a child I loved reading books by Roald Dahl and Jacqueline Wilson. Sometimes my parents would hide my books as Iโ€™d spend more time reading than sleeping ๐Ÿ˜ด My all-time favourite book is A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. My current read is The Stationary Shop of Tehran by Marjan Kamali ๐Ÿ˜Š

Is there a book that had a meaningful impact on you? A self-help book that inspired personal growth or even a memoir that touched your heart? ๐Ÿ’–

Let's create a virtual library of recommendations. Join the conversation by commenting below and let us know the title and author of the book, as well as a brief description of why you recommend it. Feel free to share any personal anecdotes or experiences related to the book ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿฝ

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

32 Replies 32
Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Caroline2213 I've watched Anna Karenina, have you? If so, how does it compare?
At school I took English and we studied 'Of Mice and Men' by Steinbeck ๐Ÿ˜… have you read that? 

Thank you for sharing your recommendations ๐Ÿ’–

-----

Paul-and-Ceci0
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Personally, I love:

Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin

The novel follows the relationship between three friends who begin a successful video game company together. It takes you through the highs and lows of their friendship, including falling in love, falling out, a love triangle, successes, and failures.

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami

It's the story of a simple, quiet man who lives in Japan. One day his wife disappears, and he embarks on a search for answers. He encounters a lot of dream-like and strange situations. It's an imaginative and unexpected story.

The Comfort Crisis by Michael Easter

Explores the evolutionary mind and body benefits of living at the edges of your comfort zone and reconnecting with the wild.

The Mind-Gut Connection by Emeran Mayer

Presents some of the latest discoveries on the human microbiome, and explains the important neurological and biological benefits of striving to have a healthy gut microbiome, creating a healthy digestion and maximizing nutrient absorption.

Stalking the Wild Pendulum by Itzhak Bentov

Explores a new perspective on human consciousness and its limitless possibilities! It's an imaginative exploration of contemporary theoretical perspectives about the universe, and the intersection between quantum physics and human consciousness.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Paul-and-Ceci0 ๐Ÿ‘‹

Thank you so much for sharing these excellent titles as well as descriptions. Have you read all these recently or is it an all-time favourites list? ๐Ÿ˜Š

-----