Should I make my co-host father a Team member?

Alberto278
Level 2
Venice, Italy

Should I make my co-host father a Team member?

I am a host. I have 2 rooms I rent in the USA  that I manage myself since I live here. I rent the 2 rooms on a monthly basis, so less work. And I have a short-term (i.e. daily basis) apartment in Italy, my father lives in a separate apt below, and he helps me manage it (he is retired so he has time). He is a co-host of that Italian apt, and he has no access to the USA rooms. I have 2 main issues with this since I do not have the time to deal with the Venetian apt:

1) He cant send or ask for payments

2) he cant write reviews.

I called Airbnb but those guys dont seem to know much. They suggested to use the Team feature, but when I asked how to transition him from co-host to Team they could not help. My questions are:

1) Should I make him a Team member to avoid the 2 limitations above?

2) Is it gonna be easy to transition? Any drawbacks?
3) as a Team member, is he maybe gonna see and be able to make changes to my two rooms in the USA? There is no point for him to see them, he might get confused, and I wanna keep it as simple as possible.

Basically, co-host of the venice property is perfect, I just need to remove the 2 limitations (a) and (b) above, and Team seems the only way. I wanna be the main host since he is 70 years old and at some point he won't have the energy to help out anymore.

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Alberto278 No idea how teams work I am afraid. You probably shouldn't just share your password with your father as it probably breaks some rules somewhere but it would solve your issues!!!