Show us your “Shelfie”

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Show us your “Shelfie”

Jenny_0-1690896469048.jpeg

Hello everyone!

It’s safe to say that most people know what a “selfie” is these days, as many of us have taken a photo of ourselves from time to time, to share with people and to represent who we are online.

BUT… do you know what a SHELFIE is?

I’ll explain.  

A shelfie is another way of getting to know who someone is, except instead of being your face, it’s your shelf!  This might be a book shelf, an ornament collection kept on a shelf, a shelf filled with trinkets, or perhaps it’s a shelf in your listing which you’ve decorated to represent life in your location.  

I invite you to share your shelfie with me!  Whether it’s your shelf or in your listing, I’d love it if you could share a little snapshot of your shelf which you think tells us a bit about you and/or your listing.  

I’ve got my shelfie all ready to share.

Hope to see your shelfies soon!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

47 Replies 47
Chantel117
Level 2
Waikoloa Village, HI

IMG_5988.jpeg

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

I love your shelfie @Chantel117 - thanks for sharing!  I'm curious about the beads on the top right, can you tell us a bit more about them?

-----

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Jenny 

"Show us your Shelfie"  wow!

Way up the back of our house block I have my 'Mancave'!  Now every man needs a mancave.....it's our escape from the rigors of life.

There is something of everything that is dear to me in my mancave!

I have my piano,  look above the piano and you will see the mobile phones I have had since September 1987 hanging on the wall.........

Mancave 1.jpg

Well most of them.......

Mnacave 3.jpg

The only one that is missing is the first mobile I ever had. It was called the Mobiltronics 'brick' because it was about the size of a house brick and with the 8 battery pack fitted weighed about the same as a house brick.....but it was a true mobile pocket phone! You just needed a seriously big pocket to put it into!!! I don't know what became of it but I chose to depict it as a 'house brick' because that is what it most resembled!

Going back to that first picture note the two rabbit/fox traps on the wall by the corner display cabinet under the air/con unit......

Mancave 2.jpg

70 years ago when I was 8 years old I took those very traps out into paddocks around the house and set them to catch a fox for the bounty our state government offered!!

To the other side of the mancave.......

mancave 4.jpg

My album of family photos hangs on the wall and if you look behind you will see my 'Wild Rhinos' hanging on the wall just above my old roll-top desk.

Mancave 6.jpg

and for a closer look.......

mancave 5.jpg

I have walked every continent on earth in those Wild Rhino's including......

Eye to Eye with an Emperor.jpg

They are on me in that photo!

They are totally worn out but they have been so much a part of my life I could not throw them out in the trash so, they have pride of place in my mancave.

On the work bench I have a collection of the cameras I have traveled with over the years......

Mancave 7.jpg

My mancave encapsulates everything that has happened to me and is a classic example of a well lived Shelfie!!!!

Cheers.........Rob

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Robin4 - this is potentially the most epic shelfie I've seen!  I love the amount of history you've captured in your cave.  

Thank you for sharing it with us!

-----

Unique-Whatsapp-DP-Pics-Download-2023-1.jpg

Whenever i feel sad.i see this pic. it gives me instant relief

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines ]

Sam5929
Level 2
Nassau, The Bahamas

20230801_173359.jpg

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

These shelves are beautiful, @Sam5929, and a great way to make it easy for people to find what they're looking for!

-----

Mariam260
Level 2
Tbilisi, Georgia

IMG_0465.jpeg

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

Looks great @Mariam260 - and a lovely sunny spot as well.  

I'm especially intrigued by the Urbex book at the top left!  Is this a hobby or was it just an interesting subject to read about?

-----

Jovida0
Level 2
Oakland, CA

This is an awkward little nook required to work around utilities in our ADU. I stocked it with books about our area. BookNook.jpg

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

This looks great @Jovida0 - appreciate you sharing your shelfie with us!  It's a great little spot to place some books.

-----

Luka437
Level 2
Dubrovnik, Croatia

Hi! Here they are, the 3

603A07AB-54C4-469E-BD0F-3E351E195FE3.jpeg

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing @Luka437 - I love these!

Can you tell us more about each of the three?

-----

Hello there. The 3 ones are childhood memories: my wife's, my son's and mine. They became good friends and mates, regardless of age differences.