Some people really don't get it!!

Answered!
David3267
Level 10
Torquay, United Kingdom

Some people really don't get it!!

Today's enquiry from someone who's just joined Airbnb;

Hope you’re keeping well.
My wife and I really wanted to book your lovely Flat this sunday and Monday if at all possible.
However, we wanted to ask if you would make an exception and allow a very small dog? We have a mini Dachshund who is very well behaved !!!

My response;

Hi xxx, sorry but this is against the law unless it is for a very specific reason as specified! The current government advice is; Leaving your home - the place you live - to stay at another home for a holiday or other purpose is not allowed. This includes visiting second homes. We would love to welcome you when this is all over but we cannot accommodate you at this time and nor should anyone else. Stay safe David

I thought most people would really be aware of this by now!

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

To us as UK hosts what is more hilarious is that the guest thought it was absolutely okay to travel when the country is in lockdown !

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

They are @David3267  but there are sadly always chancers will to give it a try.  Just as sadly there are hosts who are happy to break the law and continue to host here in the UK.

Belinda55
Level 10
Bundeena, Australia

@David3267  ... and so funny that people always believe they have exceptionally well-behaved dogs who must be an exception to the rule 🙂

"My dog chews the furniture legs when she's bored, scratches the doors when she wants  out, sleeps on the furniture and the bed, and sheds like crazy, but I'll make sure to clean up well.  Other than that, she's super well-behaved and hardly ever relieves herself in the house. She's my baby,  we're inseparable, so you'll make an exception to your no pets rule, right? I've heard how desperate hosts are for bookings right now."

Sharon1014
Level 10
Sellicks Beach, Australia

@Sarah977  You forgot, "and btw, we'll go out during the day all day and expect you to babysit our pooch and ensure it is living in air conditioned comfort while we're out."

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

To us as UK hosts what is more hilarious is that the guest thought it was absolutely okay to travel when the country is in lockdown !

Rachel367
Level 6
Espoo, Finland

Did you block the days? If you have not it is human nature to try the impossible.

David6850
Level 2
Huddersfield, United Kingdom

Why did you have the dates open? 

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@David3267 

I'm very surprised that there wasn't the usual ".. during this Covid period can you provide a special discount... We were thinking maybe 60% discount? ".

Sean433
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

I noticed a strong increase in sketchy guest requests lately. During the last month, I have had to decline more requests than I have accepted. This is a long weekend in Canada and I have had 4 separate requests just today on 1 particular property. All sketchy and all I am 99% sure to throw a party or smoke weed inside. Wait till independence day, there will be many posts here from angry hosts about guests throwing parties and trashing their homes.

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

These people really don't get it! Their opening question was whether they could have a late checkout on 'the Sunday' that Sunday being within the no travel and stopover period which we had previously informed them about - and - requesting that they consider a later booking period when they would be allowed to travel in order that they wouldn't be penalised if required to cancel. Rather than requesting a discount, these people would have preferred a private deal 'on the quiet', and off the platform. They sent their contact number, check it out...

Already tried sending us their number...Already tried sending us their number...OK, try everything.. including a websiteOK, try everything.. including a websiteLol !! Persistence pays off. How many viruses again?Lol !! Persistence pays off. How many viruses again?

I was concentrating - honestly! (although the alarm bells were clanging so loud I could barely hear anything).

Anne-Marie wasn't really concentrating or on the ball. Half asleep, she thought the guest was a bit cheeky after she thought they had sent through their shopping list 🙂