Stars

Stars

Wondering how people could ever ding you on location when they see exactly where you’re located. Also, value, in my town you can’t get a single hotel room for under$200/ night plus have to pay for 3 meals a day. My house is $350/ night and sleeps 6 with a VERY well equipped kitchen. I don’t think location or value should ever be bundled in for stats or super host status

1 Reply 1
Kate867
Level 10
Canterbury, United Kingdom

@David9128  I think most Hosts will agree with your views on both of those rating categories.  There is nothing more frustrating than being ‘dinged’ because the Guest chose your location and then decided that it did not suit them.  I totally understand that exact locations are not given until shortly before check in, but they should be ‘close’ enough for a guest to ascertain that it will meet their requirements.  

With regards to value, that is even more frustrating.  Recent guests of ours booked ten days, there were five adults and one infant (we are not infant friendly, they knew this but booked anyway) they got a discount and it worked out at approx £17 pppn including fees!  Our Cottage has many amenities not listed, an extremely well equipped kitchen etc etc.  They must have run the washing machine, tumble drier and dishwasher non stop because the energy unit usage soared during their stay (I know, it is a listed amenity and not restricted) However, we were then ‘dinged’ with a 3* for value!