Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Super host coupons

Super host coupons

Hi I have been a superhost for 3 years, and have been un aware of superhost coupons.

Can anyone tell me how to find them? Telepathy is letting me down.

Thanks Anna

5 Replies 5
Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Anna9326 

Anna, if you have received a Superhost travel coupon it will be valid for 12 months from the date it was issued. If you do not use it in that 12 month period you will have lost it and you do not have the opportunity to reclaim it!

To find where your coupon information is log-on and from the drop down box under your avatar in the top right corner go to Account!

Next go to Payments and Payouts section  and you will be faced with a page that looks like this.....

Coupons.png

Click on 'Your Coupons' and you will see what current active coupons you have available!

Cheers.........Rob

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Anna9326 

If you do not see your last coupon where @Robin4  indicated, it may be due to an issue I discovered recently, where the current and previous coupon were not showing up at all and the link in the emails, even for the most recent one, didn't work anymore. I contacted CS and they sent me a new link for the recent one, but apparently you have to activate it from the link in the email before it will appear on the  list in your account page. Seems a bit weird, as I had never had this problem in previous years.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Robin4  My Superhost coupons have never shown up there here you say they do. The only way I can find them is to go to the email they sent.

@Anna9326  Every time you are issued a new coupon, you will get an email that states that. Are you one of those people who never look at their emails?

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sarah977 

Sarah, will be interesting to hear of others experience here with coupons.

Mine have always been there where the screenshot I supplied showed. I have just queried with two other hosts in my area and theirs are showing up in the payments and payouts section just the same as mine do. Perhaps the moderators can do a bit of investigating to see if the format varies from country to country!

If you look at that screenshot of mine I was annoyed to see the field 'Guest contributions'! I really had hoped that was dead and buried!

Have just made one interesting discovery Sarah! My current coupon was due to expire on Sept 30th but on checking just now I see that my current coupons expiry has been moved back to April 2021. Maybe this has something to do with COVID-19 travel restrictions.

@Huma0 I have received 4 of these coupons and have never had a specific email informing me of them. I have never had to activate them, on each Superhost anniversary they just automatically show up in my Payments/Payout section and by clicking the coupon field I can see a history of coupons I have received and on what date I claimed them!

Covid coupon extension.png

I am batching for the next month.....Ade is going over to the east coast to spend some time with the girls and the grandies! A month without being told what to do is a luxury I have not had for almost 50 years now!

I hope you are safe and well in Mexico Sarah and you too in London Huma.....all the best girls!

Cheers........Rob

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Robin4 

Yes, I think that there is some inconsistency and not all hosts are seeing the same thing.

The coupons had always shown up before where you indicated and the previous ones were there showing as either expired or redeemed.

However, no sign of my 2019 one, not even as expired, nor my 2020 one. I have always received the emails. These are not emails specifically about your bonus, it is the general email you get to congratulate you for getting Superhost again. Within that email is a link to clam your rewards. You go to that and then you select from the available options, including travel coupon.

I also never had to validate or activate them or anything. They were just where you mentioned, but the last two haven't been. When I posted about this a couple of months ago, several hosts said that theirs do not appear either, but they were able to access them via the email.

However, when I tried to, the links in the emails didn't work. I had to contact CS. They were totally baffled at first, but eventually told me the 2019 one was not showing as I had not validated it via the link. Of course, by the time I found this out, the coupon had expired. Ho hum.