Superhost Relief Fund Snubs Hosts with 2 or More Active Listings

Rebecca1268
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

Superhost Relief Fund Snubs Hosts with 2 or More Active Listings

I am insulted and every Superhost with 2 or more active listings should be as well! 

We started hosting a few years ago with one vacation rental home which soon grew to two, three, four and soon to be five. We love sharing our homes with amazing people from around the world. Airbnb has opened the door to tremendous opportunities for us and we are grateful. We dedicate ourselves to creating wonderful places for guests to stay and being the best hosts possible. Now, with a global pandemic, our once full reservation calendars are empty, not just during the time designated as "extenuating circumstances;" but for months to come. We are hopeful for the return of unrestricted travel and inquires and reservation requests; but right now we fear dire financial crisis. That is why we were excited to learn of the support being offered by Airbnb through the Superhost Relief Fund. What a great way to give back! But then came the slap in the face..... 

If you are a Superhost with more than 2 active listings, YOU DON'T QUALIFY FOR THE SUPERHOST RELIEF FUND!   WHAT??? I want to start this conversation because as partners of Airbnb, we need to stand together to assure our voice is heard. We hold greater risk with multiple listings and have greater opportunity to provide our partner, Airbnb, with higher earnings; but Airbnb doesn't feel the need to support us. 

How does that make you feel?

17 Replies 17

@Lizzie thank you.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Lisa723, I've just heard back. : )

To confirm "four listings at two addresses. (One is an umbrella listing for two of the other listings.)"  would be eligible and would meet the # of listing criteria. I do have to stress though that there are a number of requirements for this fund, so I can't confirm that overall you will be eligible based on just this one, but I hope this helps clarify this point for you. 

I wish you the very best with it and my fingers and toes are crossed everything works out. There are still several weeks before May 15th. 

Stay safe and strong. Speak to you soon. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Rebecca1268 I'll be honest, I don't think anyone who has more than two properties listed [so I am leaving out people who might have 2 listings in the same house and a third listing at a weekend house or something similar] should be able to get any 'grant' money. 

People who were building little airbnb empires with numerous properties that they were airbnbing full time are much more running a 'business' than someone who rents out 1 unit on their own property or a single weekend/vacation house, in which case, I'm much less sympathetic in terms of loss of income.  Many, many hosts only rent out their primary or secondary property and they use this money to afford those properties not to create a real estate business.  The difference in scope is actually fundamental