Support reps

Support reps

Is it me or support reps re getting more and more helplessly irritating and I am getting a vibe that they do it on purpose?

Why are they even there?

6 Replies 6
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@David8879 

I think the better question is: why are hosts still calling them? Seriously, why? There are very few instances in which I feel I would ever need to call customer support. Luckily, I haven't had to in over 3 years. 

My wife had to talk to a rep because of a complaint from a guest.  The rep lied to her and when she messaged them she was told by the rep that had lied the night before that she never said such a thing!  Very frustrating.  AND the whole issue was because the Airbnb software was faulty causing an issue with one of our listings. GGrrrrrr

no accountability. Most of these so called Ambassadors need to be fired  

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Emilia42 I still do not know Airbnb's number after 7 years of hosting. 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Back in the day (8+ years ago) I'd say they had amongst the best of call centres in the business and would go above and beyond to help. I'm not exactly sure when the decline began, but it was long before C19. The laws of finance/race to the bottom means it'll never go back to anything like it was, but we can but hope.

On the recent occasions I have had to call, I soon realised it was a mistake, made my excuses and - without any anger or rudeness - hung up.  

Perhaps the CS department changed as those hosts using it also changed, demanding and expecting that much more. Perhaps the original Airbnb model is proving way too difficult to continue nowadays as it was just a few years ago.  No doubt Airbnb may also be at fault entering areas of control they had no business entering in the first place.