Sustainability: We have a challenge for you on Earth Day

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Sustainability: We have a challenge for you on Earth Day

Hi everyone,

There's only one week left until we kick off the Festival of Sustainability 2023! 

Host Advisory Board members @Jennifer3225  and @Felicity11  have come up with a fantastic initiative challenging one another, and all Hosts in Canada and Australia, to do a trash clean-up around their local areas. 

Some of you may have come across it already as they have shared it in the Community Center – but for those of you who may have not seen it yet, we invite you to watch the video:

*Note: Press CC to activate the subtitles and the wheel to choose the language.

A small act that can have a big impact, but to make that impact even bigger we want to share it across all our communities. We propose a challenge to all our members in the Community Center across the globe: on Saturday 22nd April (Earth Day), let's all commit to picking up trash in our local area. Whether it's on a nature trail, in a park, or along a sidewalk near your listing, every little bit helps to reduce the amount of litter that ends up in our waterways and ecosystems. 

Share a snap of your clean-up to be included in our Festival of Sustainability – Community “green” collage.

Quincy

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

12 Replies 12
Jennifer3225
Host Advisory Board Member
Port Severn, Canada

The Earth is our Home.jpeg

Jennifer Schnier

It's exciting to see the upcoming Festival of Sustainability 2023 just a week away! The Host Advisory Board members, Jennifer3225 and Felicity11, have created a great initiative that challenges hosts in Canada and Australia to participate in a local trash clean-up. This initiative has been shared in the Community Center, but for those who haven't seen it yet, there is a video available to watch. Let's all do our part to make a positive impact on our environment!

Jennifer3225
Port Severn, Canada

6E953D82-C4B3-420C-B2E0-AE992E0F3397.jpeg

Thanks @Muhammad266.  Getting ready over here in Canada 🇨🇦. Moving Mulch in prep for #AirbnbEarthDay 

Jennifer Schnier
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lovely pic @Jennifer3225! Looks like there's a lot of work going on over there! 🙂

-----

Penny47
Level 4
Sydney, Australia

Awesome 🌏🌳 Aussies love a challenge. I can’t wait to join @Felicity11 for the Sydney Earth Day Event. It’s on @Jennifer3225 🧤

Jennifer3225
Port Severn, Canada

Have a great meet up in Australia. We are just over here baking cookies for our earth day event! 

Still time to hop on a plane and come for tea 🙂 @Penny47 

728F1DC2-FD82-4A07-9714-451FF5DF8BF0.jpeg

Jennifer Schnier
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Can I join @Jennifer3225? 😂 Those cookies look amazing! 

-----

Jennifer3225
Port Severn, Canada

I guarantee you If you come I know a place where you can sleep 🙂 

Come on up Quincy

Jennifer Schnier

I just baked my Earth Day cookies as well @Jennifer3225 @Quincy 

CC96DD8C-1700-426D-895B-F0E860A8CA82.jpeg

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

I'm LOVING those cookies @Penny47 and @Jennifer3225! I'm in awe of your decorating skills.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Jennifer3225
Port Severn, Canada

@Penny47 wrote:

I just baked my Earth Day cookies as well @Jennifer3225 @Quincy 

CC96DD8C-1700-426D-895B-F0E860A8CA82.jpeg

START THE CAR!!!

Jennifer Schnier
Felicity11