System issues

Marcus4
Level 1
Chgo, IL

System issues

I had my calendar set for minimum stays of 28 nights, and out of the blue got an instant booking for five nights (which messes up my whole calendar). The only way I found out about this booking was because of the email Airbnb automatically generates. I did, however, not receive the typical App notification, which we always get with every booking. I went immediately into my calendar and listing settings to find that the minimum stay was changed to 3 nights instead of 28 nights.

The obvious explanation is that I somehow changed those settings. I went back over what I did when in my calendar and settings, and me changing the settings by accident somehow does not pan out.

Has anyone had any similar experience?

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Marcus4 

Your listing shows in june, july a  minimum stay of 14 nights. In sept 5 nights minimum

So it seems you have changed this setting yourself.

Correct @Emiel1 . The calendar period in question is from Sep. 20th forward.

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Sometimes changes are made in the Airbnb software that inadvertently change one or more of a host’s settings. I have had this happen to me a couple of times over the years. That’s why it’s important to review all of your settings on a regular basis, to make sure they are still set the way you intended them to be set.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Marcus4 

I have also had some settings change without my knowledge, in particular the amenities listed, but also instant book being turned back on after I turned it off. I don't think that I've had an issue with minimum stay though.

It sounds like you have been using rule sets to specify different minimum stays for different periods. I have often done this too, but one thing to note is that you have to save the changes twice (on different pages) or they won't apply. So, if you had previously created a rule set and then thought you had removed it but didn't actually save the changes, that might be one explanation.