The Monthly Stay filter

Susan990
Level 10
Redmond, OR

The Monthly Stay filter

Why did Airbnb remove the monthly stay filter from the platform? I need an answer today. I have designed my entire business around serving the longer term stay market. It is in high demand in my Bend Oregon market and I have achieved an incredible occupancy rate of around 80% . When Airbnb started up and the commercial lodging market pushed back on the competition Airbnb solved the issue by collecting lodging taxes.  And when the rental market started screaming that the rental  housing market was being starved by the conversion to vacation lodging Airbnb developed the monthly stay filter which effectively recategorizes the listings which choose to serve the rental market via the Airbnb platform. It was a win/win for the public and hosts like me who thrive in that market. 

The public was just beginning to catch onto this new product offering .  I loved the new landing page which headlined the 4 categories of offerings:

PLACES TO STAY     MONTHLY STAY PLACES    ONLINE EXPERIENCES     EXPERIENCES.  

What corporate decision making lead to this decision to remove the Monthly Stay platform?

Susan
7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Susan990 Why do you need an answer today? I fear you will be sorely disappointed as its unlikely you will ever get an answer let alone today.

My intention is to create urgency in the form of a shout out which hopefully will be too embarrassing to ignore.  The urgent need for housing for remote workers, first responders, travel nurse/physician lodging, the self-quarantined  urgently need this platform restored.  The  conventional rental market does not work for them.  Airbnb Monthly Stay Places to the rescue ! So what is going on?

Susan
Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Susan990,

I see a search filter for monthly stays.  It is not in the search area of the Airbnb home page (most filters are not),

Debra300_1-1603065462356.png

but on the results page of a multi-month search there is a filter option for monthly stays.

Debra300_0-1603065406281.png

Don't just believe what I say, check the Airbnb Help Center

Well now that is all very nice to see that it exists still in some places but not universally presented.

Why not the same presentation of search filters to one and all on the platform?

Why is the Atlanta market so special? And again I ask~ what is going on?

Susan

What you are showing me  that you have I do not! Monthly Stays bubble is Not presented.

This indicates they are experimenting with moving it around the platform to different places

in different markets or regions.  But not for me. I use Goggle Chrome with my desk top computer  Windows 10 and zero success in discovery of Monthly Stays.

The last time I reported this issue with a ticket # assigned I got a communication from the tec support person who informed me that he was told that 'they' were discontinuing the filter and it would not be restored to the web site.

Susan
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you want an urgent answer @Susan990  you need to ask Airbnb  directly rather than a forum for your fellow hosts. 

I have filed and placed 3 ticketed complaints to Airbnb.  All 3 were supposedly passed onto the higher ups as a complex problem requiring investigation and remedy.  2 times they came back and notified me they had fixed it.  The platform reappeared and then disappeared again.  The 3rd. time I was notified that the monthly stay filter was being eliminated.

So I decided to bring this issue to the only place left available for possible remedy and explanation.  This forum is specifically for ' issues too sensitive for general public review.'

What I have learned is the the web site is configured and programmed very differently across the globe.  There is no uniform consistent platform that guides this global industry.  Very bad form for a company that wants to go public.

What can the investor trust in the investment being made in an internet based business which has so many problems?

Susan