The Review system outlet for DIY cleaning hosts enables abuse and slander toward the 30 night+ consumer stay. It must be changed.

Matt434
Level 3
Reston, VA

The Review system outlet for DIY cleaning hosts enables abuse and slander toward the 30 night+ consumer stay. It must be changed.

Dear Airbnb hosts, consumer guests, Airbnb employees, and Brian CEO,  
This message is specific and relevant to a widespread chronic problem

1. Drew (an Airbnb seller) has accused me (a 30-night stay consumer) in a public statement of making odd requests. He is not specific, as to what are these specific requests his buyer made?  He has left open ended, ambiguous, confusing and has nothing to do with the stay.  This is slander, irrelevant, and damaging. This is targeting, and promotes public discrimination, prejudice and confusion for the public to make any interpretation they want.

(a) Drew has made a public statement against me, (his Airbnb 30-night stay tenant), of him having to clean after my checking out, saying he has to clean more for his 30 night stay guest, than his average weekenders. He is not specific in detail, what cleaning complaint and public criticism is he talking about?  This is ambiguously, inaccurate, irrelevant, damaging, intentionally hurtful, his own responsibilities, is simply retaliatory, and has nothing to do with the stay itself.

(b) I made a request that Drew’s Dog not enter the unit.  When Drew knocked on my door requesting his contractors enter the unit to work, 3 days before my check out, I made a counter request that his contractors not come into the unit to work in my reserved space, for my personal health and safety expectations. He gets angry, and his review is a retaliation outlet, ambiguous, has nothing to do with the stay itself, and is character defamation.

(c) I requested Drew to turn over the under bedding that is from the original guest, and he got angry, and his review is thus retaliatory.

(d) I brought this up to Airbnb interpretation, showed pictures, and video, and Airbnb removed the review. Weeks later Airbnb put the review back up. Airbnb puts internal politics and a lenient, careless, enabling review system before the health and safety of the consumer. Airbnb is reckless, untrustworthy and has intentionally damaged me emotionally and publicly.

2. Ken, (my next 60 consecutive night stay) who has relational communication with Drew is going to inspect the property before my check out on my 60th day.

(a) He insists I be vaccinated at inspection.

(b) He appears to approve of cleaning turnover inspection.

(c) He then makes a public statement in a review days later that the property is not deep cleaned enough.

(d) He can’t or doesn’t give details as to what are his cleaning complaints. 

This is a false statement, inaccurate, an attempt at character defamation, and a smear campaign against me, the consumer.

Video taken of Ken's place of check out before inspection and before public airbnb review.:

KENS CHECK OUT
https://photos.app.goo.gl/c7YtvozTD8sHeczq5

Airbnb:  

Remove the 2 host's check out cleaning reviews that slander me, the consumer, and state I am odd.
Reservation HMYFS5YHE2. (Ken)
Reservation HMJEN5CMJH. (Drew)

Dear Airbnb hosts, consumer guests, Airbnb employees, and Brian CEO,

Part 2:  (This message is broad and addresses the chronic problem)

Whether you are host or consumer or Airbnb employee, most of you have not stayed in a stranger’s home (whole house) for a 30 night or more stay in exchange for payment, or dozens of consecutive stays with many different stranger-hosts for payment, and for public review

This stay is completely different from a weekend getaway. And has much more potential to be retaliatory and inaccurate and damaging in a public review toward the consumer from the emotionally immature inexperienced host.

The Airbnb host, especially new hosts are cutting corners, materials and products are pricier, maid service has less staff and raised prices, and the amateur or veteran host charges a cleaning fee and has defaulted to a do-it-yourself cleaner to keep money in their pocket.  Then after consumer check out, the DIY cleaning host wipes down the toilets or removes the smudge off a glass and gets an email to write a review of their tenant, and the host has free reign to author ambiguity, exaggeration, fiction, careless verbiage in a public statement that attacks the consumer cleaning for check out redelivery. An ambiguous cleaning review of the consumer is detrimental and escapism from seller responsibility.

The DIY cleaning host is not prepared to turn over an entire unit from a long-term 30-night stay guest, and has nothing really to say but complain of cleaning,

The host has separation anxiety from his space, has been paid long ago before check out, looks at this guest as a tenant, an inconvenience, and when the property is delivered back to him, in order and in good condition, but needs to be cleaned professionally, the do-it-yourself cleaner host will attack the consumer publicly, specifically over cleaning.  It is human nature. This is Airbnb’s fault.

Airbnb host review system for 30 nights +, stay guest sets consumer up to fail, be intimidated during stay, and puts them at risk. It jeopardizes and compromises consumer health and safety. Airbnb safety anti covid cleaning standards are just words and marketing advertisements.  It is not real and does not apply to a 30 night + stay guest.  The review system of a consumer's check out cleaning has precedence over health and safety.  The review is biased, rigged, and is an easy access outlet for careless verbiage against the long-term stay consumer. This intimidates the consumer to not make requests and pressures the consumer into turning the property over for the next guest.  The consumer does not feel emotionally safe in the space, because of a lingering host review attack over cleaning, because a host is going to ambiguously attack and review consumers cleaning after a long-term stay.

No one is listening to me or taking me seriously.  This problem is chronic and puts Airbnb in a liable position. Airbnb puts themselves at risk of a class action suit based on its failing to enforce sellers cleaning responsibilities and enabling sellers to make abusive public statements against the consumer over cleaning.  

Is there anyone listening and can help influence the system?
Is there a host or consumer attorney in-house, who will support me for change?

•  Hosts must have (pre-hired) a professional cleaner for consumers long-term stay reservations for check out cleaning turn-over and redelivery.
  • Airbnb can no longer allow hosts to ambiguously review the consumers, check out cleaning and be bashed and smeared and ambiguously slandered.
  • Hosts must be clear in their public statements, exact details and show proof when reviewing consumers cleaning. ·
  • The long-term guest stay, and review system must be handled differently.
  • Hosts must disclose if they are DIY self-cleaners for consumer reservations
  • Hosts cannot (should not) be DIY self-cleaners for long-term stays.

A host after a long-term 30, 45, 60 night stay and having his property delivered back in good condition, has nothing to say in a review, and thus defaults to talking about cleaning because they Do Not want to do it!.  And they are not used to a longer-term guest. And they create lies, exaggerate, and attack, smear, and slander, to vent.  Airbnb is liable for this, and this system puts the consumer at risk of physical health, emotional health and safety.

My character has been unfairly attacked on the Airbnb site creating chaos, hosts need to pre interview me, question me, and I am emotionally damaged. I have lost sleep, been stressed, and publicly embarrassed. It is consumer abuse and must stop. This problem is widespread and not spoken enough. The review system must be redone, removed, and out of the hands of Airbnb itself and Airbnb internal politics, and biased interpretations.

Please contact me if you are an advocate of change, have influence, a host/guest attorney for change,  public influencer, and/or have access to the CEO.  

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Matt434 I do look forward to your latest missives on how damaged you are by the reviews left by hosts. It is good to see you are not just continuing to complain about one host but have now brought another into the discussion.

Now two things could be going on here

1) Hosts have decided to gang up on you for some unknown reason or

2) You are not leaving places as clean as you could.

Who knows which it is but one thing I think I can be sure of - We will never know and Airbnb won't, as a third party, be able to determine who is correct.

Anyway - Roll on your next review and we can see if the same themes appear again.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Matt434 Oh I should have said. If you want these 'unfair attacks' removed just delete your profile and don't use Airbnb in the future.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Matt434 Odd

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Is there a Guinness Book of Records category for the longest amount of time someone remains obsessed with a review?

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 There may well be but sadly @Matt434 ruined his chance of breaking the record when he brought a second review into the rant.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Matt434 Rant on and stay in a hotel or rent from a faceless property company.