Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

The guest took my security down when they checked in .

Jacob-And-Pari0
Level 2
Flagstaff, AZ

The guest took my security down when they checked in .

The guest took my security down ( in front & back of the property)when they checked in  I feel uncomfortable. I feel like if they have nothing to hide it’s no reason to do that. They should ask questions before booked if they sensitive about security camera. After that They gave me 5 star review I gave them 4 but said on the review about the camera situation he messaged and called me name when he saw that and he took the 5 stay away. I don’t think Airbnb should allow anyone to take 5 star review away because they didn’t get 5 star back . 

4 Replies 4
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I don’t understand how your guest can have removed their review once both were published.

I’m surprised you let the guest stay once you knew they had done this

i would have contacted the guest to ask why they disabled security devices they knew were there when the booked. And then offered them the choice put them back or the booking would be  cancelled.

As both reviews were published I would contact Airbnb about how guests were able to do this? 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jacob-And-Pari0 

Guests can request Airbnb to remove a review they have written themself, without a given reason.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Jacob-And-Pari0  I may be wrong, but I cannot see that any security cameras are mentioned in the listing. They are supposed to be disclosed in your listing description, so it is possible your guests were caught by surprise rather than having something to hide. 

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2914/how-do-i-let-guests-know-theres-a-security-camera-or-othe...

Jacob-And-Pari0
Level 2
Flagstaff, AZ

Yes. I did put on the safety section that we have security camera at the front & back . Now I know anyone can take their own review down if they want to. Yes I think I’m pretty nice to let them stay one more night and they sent me threatening message after they seen the review its unbelievable.