Things work out for the best, sometimes !

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Things work out for the best, sometimes !

Hi all, 

Last night, around 9.30pm, I got a request from someone wanting to book a weekend to attend a concert. Just one guest. Zero reviews, no profile, but joined in February 2019. 

I was in two minds about it, since I may want to head out of town that weekend, myself. One of the very rare occasions where I am not present when guests are here.   It was very troubling, thinking maybe I ought to cancel my weekend plans, but I decided to sleep on it.  

The guest sent me a second message about having used Airbnb before, but on someone else's reservation. 

I decided to wait until morning, when I sent my usual follow-up about the number of guests travelling. 

At which point, the guest said just herself, "but she might invite some friends over".   Thank you, guest, decision made, decline sent immediately. 

Sometimes, things just work out for the best !    More of the little messages about not making my acceptance targets in my future, but at least I have the dates blocked, now.  I probably should have done that as soon as I started considering a weekend trip myself. 

3 Replies 3
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Michelle53  Amen to that. Now you can go away and fully enjoy yourself, not worrying about anything. And bless the guests who come in with red flags waving in the wind. Thank you, next!

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Michelle53  I wouldn't have guests while both, Silvia and me are out of town. So many unpredictable things can happen. No no no....

Linda-And-Richard0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

A wise move@Michelle53.  Telling you she may invite some friends sounds like a party.  Especially if you are not around to watch how things unfold.