Tips for screening against all night noisemaking guests

Dylan1
Level 2
Santa Monica, CA

Tips for screening against all night noisemaking guests

I've had a few bad experiences recently where 20-something guests book my house and then stay up until 4 AM playing music, talking, and partying. This has become more frequent in this COVID-19 era, I think, because instead of going to Las Vegas, groups of kids are renting houses for a vacation closer to home. The worst case was a group who lied about their ages and intentions, saying they were looking for a family-friendly home and were coming to quietly celebrate their mom's 92nd birthday. They had no reviews, I believed them and then regretted it. Even those who don't upset the neighbors bother me because I live on site and the wall in between the main house and my apartment doesn't shield me from their music and noise. 

What tips do you have for screening guests? I've got the usual disclaimers about no parties and bothering the neighbors. How do I screen for guests who won't stay up all night?

15 Replies 15

I Rent my villa and i Am so sick of the music they play I need help to fix the way i want it where should i go for advice i want a zero party place relaxing and quiet