Today's Wordle

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Today's Wordle

Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 7.51.16 AM.png

I've had more than a few of these!

18 Replies 18

It looks even better than usual, @Fred13 - all that hard work paid off.  I've been working on trees - all the beeches in Maine get beech bark disease, so we've been treating it by something called "high-stumping."  You cut the tree at three feet, and it then puts all its energy into the stump instead of sending out new runners to create saplings.  We note no new growth around the stumped trees, and the evergreens, oaks, maples, and other trees all have vigorous new growth.  And I'm going to have a lot of firewood.

In spite of the iffy weather, the spring colors were beautiful, and we ate several times at our favorite lobster place, right on a cove down on Deer Isle.

View from the house in early spring.View from the house in early spring.

Burnt CoveBurnt Cove

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hey @Fred13 and @Ann72 ! I came across your photos and just had to share some pictures of two of my absolute favourite places here in Port Moody, BC.

Check out this beautiful lake in Golden Ears Park, just a short 20-minute drive from the city. It's a haven for hikers, and the breathtaking fauna and flora make it truly special.

IMG_1612.jpg

And look at this stunning sunset at Rocky Point, just 5 minutes away from the city. It's the perfect spot to take a break during work and recharge your energy.

IMG_1655.jpg

I can't even count how many times I've told @Fred13  how incredible his place is 😍, and @Ann72 , your photos are absolutely fantastic! They have such a painterly quality and a professional touch 🎨. Are you a professional photographer?

Congrats in advance 😊!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

I spend many college summers in Maine fishing its wilderness and owned a property for many adult years just south of BC on the U.S. side, so got to spend much time in it. 

Stumbling on a ill-tempered bull moose at night wading a swamp in Maine and having a massive grizzly in BC walk just upwind of me while fly-fishing but for some reason he kept looking upstream remain embedded in my mind.

Something magical about where you both live.

Amazing visuals @Paula and @Fred13 great memories that paint a picture too.  We're all so lucky!