UNDER A BUS thread?

Jenny349
Level 10
Bordeaux, France

UNDER A BUS thread?

This thread has apparently disappeared? It contained many interesting comments from all sides. A technical blip, perhaps? I hope we will see it restored shortly.

6 Replies 6
Sheila22
Level 10
New York, NY

@Jenny349  I saw that this happened as well. The censoring has begun.  If you are a Host who has been "thrown under the bus"  please join us at a private FB group called "Airbnb Hosts United" to inform each other (and yes express frustrations) but also to discuss ideas and plans moving forward.  I am including members here who "liked" the post by @James207  called "Airbnb threw Hosts under the bus'" .  @Kim550  @Michael199  @Ksenija7  @Pouyan2  @Keys-2-Joy0  @Maria188  @Cleide4  @Jess125  @Sean14  @Ernesto44  @Nikita2  @Daniela1600  @Rachel1549  @Mark1366  @Carrie337  @Christian149  @Keith96  @Theresa212  @Danette1  @Stephanie1601  @Joey192 @ @Katie269  @Anneliese22  @HeatherAndMike0  @Branson0  @Matt3398  @Laura4176  @Mike-and-Anna1 @Levon-and-Ashley0  @Krystal16 @Trina28 

I could not find the group you mentioned: "Airbnb Hosts United" on Facebook.

John1574
Level 10
Providence, RI

-

@Sheila22 @Jenny349 @Keith96 

The moderators shut it down, but it is still viewable.

When contributors complained to the moderators about other posters, and in this case I believe it was Donald 28 who is being complained about: some were upset with his opinion, then they start to harangue the moderators, and that usually results in the thread being shut down.

if you want a thread to get shut down, just complain to the moderators. It's a shame people do this because you can always let the thread go and let people express themselves however they see fit. I think we're all adult enough to handle it.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Airbnb-completely-threw-their-hosts-under-a-bus-regardin...

Totally agree - there are always nut cases out there.  They frustrate you but ignore them and look to the main thread occurring.  This below is how Air BnB SHOULD have handled the situation.

In HomeAway's nearly 25 years, we’ve been through a lot, but nothing comes close to the current challenges facing our travellers, partners, and team members around the world.

HomeAway is a two-sided marketplace, so for every traveller who paid money for a getaway they may not take, there is a partner who is experiencing a loss of bookings and a large number of cancellations. Despite this, the vast majority of you are rising to the occasion and giving credits and/or refunds to travellers in these extreme circumstances. Thank you for exemplifying hospitality — even when it means a financial hardship.
Today, we are introducing our policy, a series of measures designed to help navigate these extraordinary circumstances.

For our part, HomeAway is refunding 100% of money it makes through traveller service fees when someone must cancel a trip due to COVID-19.

For your part, we ask that you handle cancellations for trips booked before March 13 with stays that fall between March 13 and April 30 in one of two ways (even if those trips are outside of your set cancellation policy):

Option 1 (Default): Offer a credit for full value and flexible stay dates within the next year (at no additional cost) to travelers who can’t take trips now due to COVID-19.

Option 2: If a traveller is unwilling to accept a credit, our advice is to issue them a refund. If you are unable to accommodate a full refund, HomeAway expects you to provide at least a 50% refund if the traveller cancels during this time.
Our intent is to reward HomeAway partners who offer flexibility to travellers during this time of uncertainty with additional visibility in traveller searches on HomeAway and Expedia Group. The idea is that the more you do now for travellers, the more we will reward you moving forward (so a 100% credit/refund will count more than 50% refund and so on).
Here’s more on what HomeAway is doing as part of our COVID-19 Emergency Policy:

Full Refund of HomeAway’s Fees: HomeAway is refunding 100% of money it makes through traveller service fees when someone must cancel a trip due to COVID-19, whether the cancellation is government-mandated or not. This is in effect for all stays booked before March 13 with a night between March 13 and April 30. Travellers don’t have to do anything to collect the refund, it will happen automatically over the next few weeks. They do not need to call and confirm.
Waiving Related Cancellation Penalties: If you need to cancel due to this event, we will waive the cancellation so it does not impact your ranking metrics or your Premier Partner status. You no longer have to call Customer Service to get the cancellation waived for cancellations issued from January 30, 2020 until further notice.
We realise the new policy we are implementing may not be perfect, but in this unprecedented time we believe it strikes the best balance of protecting travellers, partners and the public. I am sure you may have questions. We primarily want you to understand the spirit of how we hope to address this situation. Please review our help portal for the most up-to-date information. These resources will be updated every 48 hours with new information.
We have been in contact with thousands of our partners in the past days and I am humbled by your willingness to rise to the occasion, and appreciative of your sacrifices.

The skies will clear and families will want to travel again. We will be there with open arms to help you provide spaces to heal and recharge when this is over.
With admiration and appreciation for your partnership,
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jenny349  If you look on the main forum page where all the forum sections are, there is a new section where all the posts about COVID19 have been moved to. Nothing has been censored or removed, you will still find the post you referenced there.