Uk new lockdown cancellation policy

Mary1701
Level 2
Camber, United Kingdom

Uk new lockdown cancellation policy

If boris locks us all down again is the full refund policy going to be implemented again. My guests are asking.

2 Replies 2
Candace9
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

They did it last time, so likely they'll do it again for the UK.  I guess Airbnb can't tell us until Boris decides what he's going to do. I would just tell the guests to hang on until the next big announcement 

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Mary1701  Source: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2701/extenuating-circumstances-policy-and-the-coronavirus-covi... Reservations made after 14 March 2020

Reservations for stays and Airbnb Experiences made after 14 March 2020 will not be covered under our extenuating circumstances policy, except where the guest or host is currently sick with COVID-19. COVID-19-related circumstances not covered include: transport disruptions and cancellations; travel advisories and restrictions; health advisories and quarantines; changes to applicable law; and other government mandates such as evacuation orders, border closures, prohibitions on short-term rentals, and lockdown requirements. The host’s cancellation policy will apply as usual.