Undoing a reservation cancellation

Answered!
Samuel632
Level 2
Cypress, TX

Undoing a reservation cancellation

I am a guest and I canceled a reservation because after finding out the host's address was far away from where I needed to go. However, after talked to the host, we made a great arrangement and now everything works. Weird, but I really need my reservation back. I am currently getting a refund bc of the cancellation, but I obviously don't need that either. 

My host knows and she wants me back but Airbnb doesn't answer the phone to get that reservation back. Please help!

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Samuel632  Airbnb customer service is pretty much impossible to reach these days, and if you do, they just say they'll get back to you, but don't, or take weeks to do so.

Your best bet is to simply rebook the place, because you can't really reverse a cancellation anyway. 

And in the future, it's a good idea to communicate with the host before you commit to a booking, if there are certain factors, like the location, that are important to you. It can save you a lot of hassle and wasted time.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Samuel632  Airbnb customer service is pretty much impossible to reach these days, and if you do, they just say they'll get back to you, but don't, or take weeks to do so.

Your best bet is to simply rebook the place, because you can't really reverse a cancellation anyway. 

And in the future, it's a good idea to communicate with the host before you commit to a booking, if there are certain factors, like the location, that are important to you. It can save you a lot of hassle and wasted time.

@Samuel632 

Not just Airbnb but for any type of booking service, my understanding is that once a cancellation is processed and complete (final), you can't *undo* it. As @Sarah977 mentioned, you simply have to re-book.