Unfair Review - Does Airbnb have an arbitration body that will look into it ?

Unfair Review - Does Airbnb have an arbitration body that will look into it ?

Over Christmas a guest with a 5- day booking contacted us 2 days AFTER check-out  saying he wanted a full refund, that he hadn't stayed in the flat and with a list of complaints to back up his request for money back from Airbnb. We had heard nothing from him or Airbnb prior to this request for a refund. I refused to give him a refund as it was so far past check in over Christmas when I could have easily relet the flat. He was unable to prove that he had paid for alternative accommodation instead. I  didn't believe his complaints and susect that he had been offered free accommo on arrival in his home town. He also had signed up with airbnb just for this booking.

The result was an unfair, revenge motivated review with accross the board 1's. On telephone discussions with airbnb I  asked if there was a servivce that looked at reviews and decided whether they were fair or not. They said that there is such a service. I have been unable to locate it. Can anyone help me with this? Many thanks.

4 Replies 4
Dishant0
Level 1
New Delhi, IN

Hi,

If there has been any written communication between you and the host where host is asking for a refund after check out or threating you for bad reviews, you can ask Airbnb and they can take some action.

Thanks Dishant,  I do have evidence of such. Who and how do I approach airbnb? Lis

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

The standard customer services number @Elisabeth676 

Ashley678
Level 7
Apache Junction, AZ

you call airbnb and tell them guests and that you want a CASE opened on this unfair review.  You have to prove your case, airbnb seems to side with guests more so than their Hosts, sadly.