Unrealistic demand from a guest

Reda254
Level 2
Marrakesh, Morocco

Unrealistic demand from a guest

Hello,

I'm experiencing a very disappointing experience with one of my previous guests who booked my studio, which has a sofa-bed.

During check-in, he was suprised there is no bedroom with a standard bed.    I explained to him that my listing is precise and accurate, the title is "Studio" not a OneBedroom, the pictures clearly show the sofa, in both positions.    (sofa mode and bed mode)

The only reason i can think made him so confused, is that he blindly booked my listing, based only on the price most certainely  (Since it's a studio, it has a lower price than a OneBedroom).

I explained everything to him after his surprised reaction, and told him that if this is not working for him, he is always welcome to cancel, he said it's okay since it's only 1 night.   (Unfortunlaty this was only a verbal exchange)

After check-out, he made a 2* review stating that "There should be a bedroom with a confortable bed".  And in his private review: "There is only a sofa-bed...".

Now when another visitor of the listing will read that comment, he would think that this guest has been kind of scammed by the host.   

I contacted Airbnb support, they wouldn't remove the review as they consider it inline with their Review Policy.

I don't get how this can be inline with the review policy, since the guest demands something that is not provided in my listing to begin with ?!

What if another guests comes and demands another room or a pool inside my apartment ?   This is very vindictive, biased and irrelevant review.

15 Replies 15

@Inna22  I dont think she says it's not clear at all.   But anyway i removed the possible factor of confusion.  And yes i answered this guest's review ( + updated my photo, thanks for the tip i was just too shy lol) .  What's unfortunate is the consequence on the rating. And that, Airbnb CS wouldn't change it.