Updates on Direct Share Program?

Yuriy20
Level 2
Jersey City, NJ

Updates on Direct Share Program?

Hello, after getting an invite, I registered to participate in Direct Share program a few weeks ago, but haven’t heard since from Airbnb or from the Administrator, Morgan Stanley. I know other hosts who already received instructions on how to proceed, but I haven’t. What would be the way for me to get an update on this?

11 Replies 11
Bradford17
Level 2
United States

I am in the same situation and completed the form the same day. Can anyone from the community confirm they have received direct share program instructions in addition to the application form? It is troubling how difficult it is to find any details. 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Yuriy20 @Bradford17  Yes, I can confirm that I got an email from Morgan Stanley yesterday with the prospectus and am in the process of completing the next step.

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

I've already gotten an email from MS indicating that the program is now closed

Bradford17
Level 2
United States

I was on with support for about an hour today and they don't really have any clear expectations or content on timing. With all that occurred per communication and transparency around the Covid-19 based cancellations and refunds its a bit surprising how opaque this process has been. 

Bradford17
Level 2
United States

Has anyone else enrolled in the IPO via the form but not received any follow up details, a notice the program is full or instructions as well?

Yuriy20
Level 2
Jersey City, NJ

I spent 7 hours on hold  trying to talk to the administrator Morgan Stanley - only to be told that Airbnb list of registered hosts didn’t contain neither my wife(co-host) nor my name meaning that we didn’t qualify. But we do. We have been actively hosting for years and we are both US citizens. It’s so disappointing and frustrating. Airbnb really doesn’t give a sh..t about hosts

Yuriy20
Level 2
Jersey City, NJ

I called Airbnb, they are saying our names were on the list provided to Morgan Stanley. I am curious what company is lying

Can you share the phone number you called?

1800- 367 4777

Christina1148
Level 1
Asheville, NC

I received an email from Airbnb today stating that the program is now full but not clearly stating whether I qualified or not for the IPO. Nothing from MS. Anyone else know more?

Ken2140
Level 2
Colchester, VT

I too submitted my response to the Airbnb Direct Share program... and within 5 minutes of receiving the invitation.  However, I was notified today that the program was filled and I did not make the list.  The notification then went on to say that the program was on a 'first-come, first-serve' basis.  This seems quite disingenuous since unless millions of shares were spoken for within that 5-10 minute window of my responding, then the criteria was not on a 'first-come, first-serve basis'. 

If the criteria was different, that's fine... but don't hold out one method and then use another.  

The 2nd issue I have, which I notice a number of others might be alluding to:  there is no way to directly respond to anyone at AirBnb other than via phone or chat.  Nor is there any way to submit feedback to the 'Hosting Board', unless this is supposed to be it... here at this site!  Sometimes submitting a detailed email or document is much more efficient and can include nuance and detail that a chat with whoever cannot clearly convey.  It is quite frustrating to not have that as an option instead of being 'forced' into a chat or phone call.  Airbnb has done a lot of good things, and I have benefited from their business model, but it feels a bit like a big corporation that isn't really as responsive to its core supporters as it perhaps pretends to be.