[Urgent Alert] No one can help me?

Phuong95
Level 2
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

[Urgent Alert] No one can help me?

Bad news...
Airbnb have sent me the reservation from guest for 1 month.
Today after guest has been checked in, Airbnb just sent me an email for cancellation because of "illegal".
"We noticed that the booking xxxzzzxxx does not appear to be lawful.  As a result, we cancelled the booking and refunded the money. "

The problem is "the guests are staying at my house. They have finished checked in already, and I set up a self-checkin process"

I am very scare and worry right now. what I can do?
I have tried many many times to contact them, Twitter, Support Center, Email, Calling...but no any answer..no thing.

The guests are stll in my house. And now is 5PM, as Airbnb I should to kick off them out at night with many luggages when they come to stay 1 month?
If I keep them, there is any dangeous when Airbnb called them as "illegal" - anyone understand for me?
At least, you should to notice me before check in time - Airbnb.
Or you should to let me what I can do when the guest checked in already.
You through me a notice "illegal guests are in your house" and keep silents.

WTF?

Hello everybody, could you please share me your idea, please?
Thank you!

13 Replies 13
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Phuong95 

I suggest you need to initiate an urgent response. Go immediately to your property to insist the guests leave at once and you secure your place.

The time of the evening, isn't relevant. Bring along a friend if you are uncomfortable about confrontation.

Think of a response in advance you may have to make if you think the guest won't comply easily.

Once you have done this, then is the time to pursue airbnb for a full explanation. Stating it is ''Illegal'' - it's a vague and unhelpfully alarming notification.

As an aside, which date did the guest book with you?

Phuong95
Level 2

Thank you so much for your suggestion!

The guest placed reservation at 5 Jul, check in at 6 Jul to stay until 6 Aug ( booking 1 day in advance).
At this moment I am not able to come there immediately, that's why I always use selfcheck in. I told to the guest, he says he is asking Airbnb and ask me please wait for him.
I guess there is not easy to ask him leave out immediately by himself.

This is the first time I am in this bad situation! They threw me into this bad sittuation without looking back to see what host has to do. Very Disapointed with Airbnb system!

Thank you so much  @Elena87 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry this happened. If you are not local to your property, do you not have a local co-host that you use to support emergency situations and on site issues with guests?

It is not your issue as to whether this is an easy situation for the person occupying your home. Airbnb has cancelled the booking and they have no right to stay there. Either they have a problem with their payment or Airbnb has found out something about the guest which means they have identified that there is a problem with the guest - previous booking damage, criminal record etc.

If you don't have a local co-host you need to make it a priority to get to your property and remove the guest.

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Phuong95  so sorry for the struggle. Airbnb can not be the police and obviously they got some information late....but it was a 1 day before reservation for one month, right? If I got this notification about a guest I  would message and call guest and say - I just received notification  that YOU ARE TRESPASSING...and it is against the law. Please pack up and be ready to leave in one hour. So we do not have to call the POLICE. Keep us posted....it could be stolen credit card or something else??? Do not let them stay.....no matter the time! Good luck

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Phuong95  please do not blame Airbnb too much......this is why I do NOT except booking 1 day before. When guests book...they have to check verifications and credit cards and who knows what else..that all takes alittle time and we know banks, stores and businesses are all running slower and with less employees.....so you might change this being able to book your places at the last minute. I have 2 days allowance before booking possible. 

Phuong95
Level 2

Thanks you for your solution @Clara116 

I do not blame Airbnb too much. I think there are some simple ways which they can do to help me feel better.
They can send me a privated email to let me know about this case, just simple "this reservation is not legal,  you have to let the guest check out immediately..." and someone can reply my email/text/call for this case to help immediately. They sent an email for both guest and me to say "cancel the reservation" and nothing else.

It will no problem if the guests has not checked in yet. For my case, its dangeous for my house and me (not only for loss money).

I will consider about apply the time before booking possible. But I just have read some posts for other hosts with same case. They have had reservation from 3 weeks in advance, then Airbnb canceled 1 day before check in. 😞

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Phuong95 You WON'T GET PAID, now the stay is cancelled. - So get the tresspasers (not guests) out!

Sorry for your situation.

Phuong95
Level 2

Thank you @Helen350 !

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Phuong95 if they destroy your place...it is all on YOU...they are not a guest. So Airbnb has zero responsibility....get them out quickly. We want you and your place to be fine. Don't wait

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Phuong95 you need to call them and tell them to leave. If they do not, perhaps you can find a local security company or call the police? Do not fall for any tricks where they are asking to give them more time. They need to be gone. They knew exactly what they were doing

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Phuong95,

I'm really sorry you're going through that.

Were you able to sort everything out?

Thanks,

Liv

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Phuong95  Well, what happened? What did you do???  we are waiting to hear.  We know it is not easy but hopeful you did follow through.  Best, Clara

Andreia-E-Luís-Enrique0
Level 2
Porto Alegre, Brazil

Olá Phuong95 é primeira vez que escrevo nesse canal. Sugiro que você busque imidiatamente a autoridade policial e vá ao seu imóvel conferir o que está ocorrendo pois o airbnb não vai fazer nada para te ajudar alegando que já cancelou a reserva... O aplicativo não verigfica todos os dados dos hóspedes. Aproveito para alertar a todos de uma situação que me causou muita decepção. Tive um dos meus apartamentos roubado. Televisão, geladeira, micro-ondas e todos os eletrodomésticos foram roubados. Solicitei ao airbnb reembolso e eles me pediram para tratar do assunto por e-mail... Achei muito estranho não utilizar o aplicativo pois essa é a orientação que nós seguimos estritamente. Para minha surpresa o airbnb negou meu reembolso e também se nega a informar os dados do hospede a autoridade policial. O telefone do hóspede na verdade é de uma tele entrega de cerveja e não foi verificado pelo aplicativo e o hospede naturalmente não responde no aplicativo. Me sinto desprotegido pois não consigo obter os dados para processar o delinquente. Temos 52 apartamentos anunciados no aplicativo e realmente nos sentimos desamparados nesse incidente. Alguém já passou por situação similar? Podem me auxiliar com sugestões do que fazer?