Views data.

Susan990
Level 10
Redmond, OR

Views data.

Anyone noticing any movement or improvement in their views count numbers? The zeros listings- are they coming back?

Just asking.  One of mine has suddenly moved from zero to 70 today- over a one week period. Does that mean they are

fixing the platform?

Susan
46 Replies 46

@Susan990 that priority placement never existed. I have been testing that theory for almost 5 years (ever since I heard about it when I became a super host) and every year it's a steaming pile of poo.

AirBNB's cookies manipulate your search engines to give you the appearance of priority placement. Heck, I've even seen my listing "featured" in an AirBNB pop up ad (visible only to me), which is was the conclusive proof that I needed that AirBNB's bots were playing mind games with hosts. 

When I do a search in my area, I'm always on the first page for my location. AirBNB cookies make sure of this.
When I do an incognito search at the same time, I'm on page 4 or 5. 
When I use my BF's computer, I get the same results as my incognito search; page 4-5.
So that tells me when others are searching my area, even though I have one of the highest ratings in the area and more reviews than most other places, I'm still low man on the search engine totem pole.

This is why I've said all along that this so-called priority placement for superhosts is nothing more than a carrot they're dangling to keep the little minions in line. And if one of us happens to grab the carrot, we find out it's plastic and the paint is still wet.

@Huma0 , I've always had Instant Book on. It hasn't appeased the bots either. I'm still waaaaayyyyy down on the search engine.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Stephanie365 wrote:

@Huma0 , I've always had Instant Book on. It hasn't appeased the bots either. I'm still waaaaayyyyy down on the search engine.

That's interesting. Maybe it was just during that period of time when Airbnb was heavily pushing IB. They had made the IB filter default, i.e. guests had to untick the box to see other listings (many guests are not going to know or notice that) so it really did make a radical difference. 

As soon as Airbnb did that, my fully booked listings stopped getting any bookings at all (much like what has happened since the Summer Release), so I felt compelled to turn on IB. I'm not exaggerating when I say that, within hours of doing that, the bookings came flooding in again.

However, now that IB is not a default on the search page, perhaps it makes little difference. I didn't notice a decline in bookings when I turned it off a few months back. I did it one by one with my listings as I was a bit nervous about it, but soon noticed that it wasn't making a difference any more.