Voice Of The Host: Singapore STA Policy Change

Avery36
Level 2
Singapore

Voice Of The Host: Singapore STA Policy Change

Dear Singapore Hosts,

Recently I did a social experiment on Airbnb and have come to a positive conclusion on the impacts of a home-sharing platform. I understand that our country apparently has a very restrictive policy on Short Term Rentals even despite paying to stay a highly-priced private residential. I've also observed the behavior & attitude of the stunning minority of owners living in the private residential towards tenants/non-owners and how most activities were innocently blamed on whom they thought are contributed by Airbnb Host through our residential group chat.

I am currently writing a full report and proposal to URA for their reconsideration of STA policy in Singapore by End February 2020 and have recently met an MP that is connecting me to speak with URA's director.  Hence, I would like to highly encourage all past/present/future Singapore hosts to do a general write up of their experience in using Airbnb:

*How has it benefited you?

*How do you think it can benefit others if they use this and Singapore itself?

*Are the past public concerns mentioned valid? What are your suggestions to mitigate this including what Airbnb can do to assist this or already are doing so?

Don't let the few minor complainers be the only voice they hear, speak up if you really want this to work in Singapore without fear of hiding especially if it has been extremely beneficial and the opposed concerns were not valid. Based on my hosting experience & research, it turns out to not be valid but were merely born out of assumptions and other negative emotions such as the need to maintain a sense of superiority as an owner, conformity, lack of critical thinking, wrongful blaming, poor community spirit & other psychological factors.

One voice is not enough. Before Airbnb can conduct an existing host experience survey commissioned by URA, you can do your part here:

You can choose to either fill in the online feedback forms at https://www.ura.gov.sg/feedbackWeb/contactus_feedback.jsp (No need full address silly)

Or write a letter to them without indicating your own address to: 45 Maxwell Road, The URA Centre, Singapore 069118

Igniting a spark, the rest depends on you. Voice out but not asking you to do public demonstrations or riot okay! *Laughs*

Note:

I've thought of creating a Telegram chat only for SG Host. If you feel that such support & community makes a difference, indicate below.

0 Replies 0