What? ABNB cancelled an upcoming guest a week out and is just like "Sorry, you're SOL"?

Garrett47
Level 2
Louisville, KY

What? ABNB cancelled an upcoming guest a week out and is just like "Sorry, you're SOL"?

"We hope this message finds you well. Reservation HMXXXXXX with Jessica XXXXXXX has been canceled in our system. This reservation was set to start on 2020-10-16. Unfortunately, we’ve received quality assurance information regarding this guest and we’re no longer able to support them as a member of our Airbnb community. Your calendar should now be open for the affected dates."

I mean I'm thankful, MAYBE, but what's up? What happened? Why am I getting denied an approved stay? Am I crazy to feel like ABNB owes me reimbursement for this?

7 Replies 7
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Garrett47 

One to give airbnb the benefit of the doubt over.

They won't tell you the juicy gossip and details why they cancelled the reservation.

Be it a hazardous background check or fraud, best not to have a bad news bear rolling up at your front door.

Look out though for duplicate booking for the same dates from a new account.

Reimbursement? On what basis?

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Garrett47 Good to see Airbnb are actually protecting hosts on some occasions

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes you are crazy to feel an STR company owes you compensation for protecting you against a fraudulent booking/dodgy guest @Garrett47  😀😃

would you rather accept a guest that could have recently damaged or partied at another listing or where criminal activity has come to light (for example).

Garrett47
Level 2
Louisville, KY

Y'all are right, I was just surprised (and admittedly agitated) because the guest had 4.5 stars and around 20 reviews.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What knocked him down to 4.5 @Garrett47 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Garrett47  It takes a lot to knock a guest down to 4.5, so things must have been pretty bad in more than one of those 20 stays.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Post removed as requested by OP

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen