What Do the Levels Mean in This Forum?

Answered!
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

What Do the Levels Mean in This Forum?

Ok, why am I a level 2 and @Deborah0 is a level 10.  Yes she knows a lot more than me when it comes to AirBNB but what the heck do these levels actually mean.  Just curious... and BTW, @Deborah0 should be a level 10 because she is a rock star.

Is there a breakdown anywhere?

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

The level doesn't relate to whether or not you have problems with your listing @April79.

It relates to how often you participate in the life of the forum helping your fellow hosts. And whether people agree your contributions are useful by liking your posts.

Some people like me are regular contributors because we like helping others and learning from our fellow hosts. Some don't.

Level 1 just means you haven't contributed much to life on the forum.

View Best Answer in original post

51 Replies 51
Roland93
Level 2
Polson, MT

I'm SO excited !  I just found out I am number 1! Level 1! Woohoo!

Oh, it's all a bit wierd. Reminds me of the army, or girl guides, or, a cult.

Roland93
Level 2
Polson, MT

Crap, I spoke to soon, demoted to #2.  : (

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Don't worry @Roland93, you are going in the right direction.  When anyone joins the Community Center, you arrive as Level 1. If you contribute and participate more here, you will move up the levels. 🙂

I hope this helps and a very warm welcome to you here. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Allan-C-0
Level 3
New York, NY

This has been very helpful, as I was wondering myself why I was listed as Level 2 and we are very new to ABB.  Thank you for making this very clear to my understanding.. 😉

April96
Level 5
Oldsmar, FL

Who cares what your level is? 

In reality,  you'd want it to be lower, since it means you haven't had any problems, or had to ask any questions. It means you've been busy being a Super Host without any issues. 😉

I've been hosting on and off on my own schedule for years. I'm still Level 1... And proud of it. 🙂 

Hopefully that streak continues, lol. If I can help others, I'd love to...but I'd just as soon stay off this board. I'm happy/lucky/blessed that I've never had to ask any questions and have had pretty decent guests so far. 

Since the number doesn't correlate to my house listing being pushed, I really don't care if I'm a level 0.

April

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

The level doesn't relate to whether or not you have problems with your listing @April79.

It relates to how often you participate in the life of the forum helping your fellow hosts. And whether people agree your contributions are useful by liking your posts.

Some people like me are regular contributors because we like helping others and learning from our fellow hosts. Some don't.

Level 1 just means you haven't contributed much to life on the forum.

OK could you help me I have been trying to resolve issues with air BNB for over a year on various different things what a seemingly wasteful amount of my personal time

Have you ever had someone stay that was not the person that made the reservation

I have had this come up a couple of times air BNB is done nothing

Any time that I've asked for the guest to straighten that out they've just got a room somewhere else

Just doesn't seem right they have a rule you can not book for anyone else it should not be up to the individual host whether or not they care every guest should have an account and be verified do you agree

Another question you might be able to help me with

Co- hosting

I love to review for a co-host went back a month later to possibly book the place again saw my review next to the new co-host who I had never met... Very deceptive wouldn't you agree I didn't even know that person I gave a review for the person that hosted me and they left my review on for another person

Please help me with this that is so far out of line

And please don't get me wrong I love the platform air BNB has created but they have stopped managing it in the manner Of making it more secure for host and guest

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Steve695

Sorry I can't agree with your analysis.

No I don't accept third party bookings, because I care about my home and want to know who is staying in it and that Airbnb will have my back (in as much as they do) if something goes wrong.

I have been approached a couple of times and I have just asked the guest to set up a profile. Which they have. 

If other hosts choose to put their listings at risk by accepting third party bookings that is up to them - there are certainly a dispropriately high number on Airbnb forums who have accepted third party bookings and reported problems as a result.

I would say my advice is to focus on your own Airbnb business and don't worry about what other hosts are or aren't doing.

In response to your second question, co-hosts change, it wouldn't bother me.

April-

😉 Yep, it's gamification. This is  how sites incentivize folks to work harder to participate. For some folks, getting a better level makes them check in to the boards more and ask more questions. I think the OP just wanted to know if it was related to their listing/host status in any way. Thankfully it's not - I honestly have to be really procrastinating actual work to spend too much time here unless I have a question to research! 😉 

Spot on! 🎯 I concur completely...

Simeon8
Level 1
Londrina, Brazil

I dont even know my level.

OH thanks for explaining the levels! I assume the levels are not something guests see on our listings, right? I do not see anything!

Laurie and Randy, Mount Shasta, Ca.

Francesco832
Level 2
Naples, Italy

How I can know my level ? guest looking on my profile can see my level ?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Francesco832 if you look to the right of your image you will see it 🙂

Guests will only see it, if they accidently come across your profile on the community pages.