What are your goals as a host for 2020?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What are your goals as a host for 2020?

20160720_SeasonalQ2_Jen_Portland_Elliott_0836_RET.jpg

Hi everyone,

As well as New Year’s resolutions, we may also choose to set specific goals when it comes to both work and personal life. Hosting often meshes those two parts of life together so when we succeed it’s a double whammy of positivity! But we have to make sure we aren’t stretching ourselves too thin so our goals remain achievable. 

Have you set any hosting goals to aspire to this year? 

Whether it’s profitability, renovations or good ol’ fashioned survival, we’d love to hear your plans!

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

29 Replies 29
Sian331
Level 1
Guildford, GB

My hope for 2020 is for private Airbnb members to stop booking or requesting to book unverified third party individuals into my home. As they will be sharing my family home it is important I know who is going to arrive at the front door. 

My listing clearly shows what ID is required but not a week goes by without someone trying to put a man working in the area into the spare bedroom. The Airbnb host guarantee insurance does not cover these individuals and there is also a major safety issue with unverified guests. I have become good at spotting these people but I have had an unpleasant experience when I rejected a booking but the individual passed my details on to a rather unpleasant man who turned up on the doorstep demanding entry. 

Apart from the above issues I enjoy hosting and look forward to welcoming many guests from around the world to my home.

Sian

Host in Guildford, England 

Kurt195
Level 1
Media, PA

My goal in 2020 is to improve the suite I have to sleep 4, to add a privacy set of French doors to the space and to finish the kitchenette.  all these take funds but we have had solid bookings for 6 weeks into the future.   The space is great and when I get a two week stay cancelled I fill up with double day overnights.  I like the pace of guests in the home and the positive response.   I’m looking to consolidate the listing and to find my next place -  a whole home or apartment nearer to the city

Cathryn1
Level 4
Wollongong, Australia

Very interesting reading everyone's goals for 2020.  Lots of very positive hosts.

My goals for 2020 are:  

1)    To maintain a regular steam of guests from all over the world.

2)   To continue to offer a high standard of hospitality

3)   Paint & update our accommodation

4)   To learn, grow & share via interaction with other hosts by moderating our Facebook Group site and attending the meet-ups 

5)   To continue to have fun & enjoy being a host 🙂

Cathryn 

Hosting in Wollongong, Australia 

airbnb.com/h/your-home-in-wollongong

Bunlin0
Level 2
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia

My goal for 2020 make my guest happy and build nice garden and decoration more flowers. Request guest must have real picture in their profile.

Briana39
Level 1
Richardson, TX

My goal this year is getting Airbnb to accept more than 16 guests. 90% of my inquires form this platform is for more than 16 and it is very difficult to explain and give accurate quotes on this platform. I love Airbnb but my goal this heal is to get them to move to the current generation. 

Robert1162
Level 2
Arroyo Grande, CA

My goal is to not have goals but to provide a beautiful space for guests to enjoy that is unique, clean, safe, relaxing; a complete experience. 

Rosemary-Jo0
Level 2
Burbank, CA

To upgrade my AirBnB’s to best quality for the value. 
to find some good helpers to be available during any trips I might take. 
To go to another AirBnB OPEN  where there are forums & ways to learn more about hosting successfully. 

I’m actively working on a kitchen remodel.  Once that is done the goal is to spruce up the garden and get some quotes to paint the exterior of the house.  It’s just really n need. Of freshening up.   I also plan on taking new photos as our space  will now be ADA compliant for wheelchair access downstairs.  We would like to be good hosts to disabled travelers.   

Becca1313
Level 1
Baltimore, MD

My goal is to finish my garden now that the weather is breaking. To improve my welcoming systems by including snacks (I always forget). To finish dressing up the walls with some art and some slight decor. And possibly to be able to host my entire home by the end of the year. Right now, I only share a room. But can increase profits by sharing the whole house and spend more time with friends and family like the woman in this month's newsletter.

Barbara749
Level 2
Friday Harbor, WA

My goal for 2020 is to have Airbnb finally offer a box to check for the added expense for people traveling with a pet. Also to be able to request the money before they check in. As it is now when guests choose the option of paying half at time of booking and the other half at check in, you can't ask for the pet fee in till they have paid in full.

Barbara

Host on San Juan Island

David1303
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

To  make airbnb pay for all the hardship they have caused us and damage to our property

Donna928
Level 1
Hernando Beach, FL

My goal for 2020 is to learn as much as I can about hosting so it comes more naturally.  We just started in January this year and am amazed at the number of bookings lined up already. My goal is to add a bit more decorative details to my home, and figure out what guests enjoy as personal touches for my home and area. Also, be more efficient at the turnaround process. 

My goal in 2020 is to reach out to the business community.  We were fortunate to have an HR person reach out to us via our realtor and book 4 months of stays this winter for an employee they need to move to our area.   Being new (Nov. 2019) to hosting and having awesome experiences so far (150 days booked since we started) has made us consider buying another place in our favorite Caribbean Island and hosting there as well.  Not sure if that will happen but that would be a neat goal for 2020.  We just booked a trip to Roatan as our first time Airbnb guest so we'll see how this goes.  So far our lower level apartment has been a gold mind of passive income we didn't know we had!

Christina286
Level 2
Floresville, TX

My goals for 2020 is to add a full kitchen to my space! I’m super excited to be able to offer this for my guests. 

We replaced the roof last year, this year it's termites! Once we get past that hurdle, more comfort in the garden, better lighting for when night guests are looking for our address. Even though the sign is above the garage door, one guest didn't see the number. The motion lights turn on when they walk up, so I didn't realize it might be an issue... I still need to pay those monthly bills, and my  trainer, keeps me fit and mobile. I like to do little upgrades as they come up during the year. So many ideas! 2020 be a good one!