What gifts have you been given by Guest?

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

What gifts have you been given by Guest?

Screenshot 2022-02-21 at 16.37.50.png

Lets post about the positive things in life and how we have enjoyed our journey with airbnb.

Have you had guest bring you gifts?

We have had quite a few over the years it is always a good feeling to feel appreciated,

We had a French family stay with us and they brought us 2 bottles of wine from their local region and one day they had a problem one of their daughters got bitten by a monkey late in the day he got worried and called us, what should they do I said give me 10 minutes I will be there and we will take you to the clinic this was now in the evening,  They was really great full we had helped them so quick he bought us another 2 bottles of wine,

A Russian family stayed with us for 2 weeks and they wanted to stay another week but we couldn't it was booked so they booked another villa nearby What they didn't realise the other villa they booked the check out time was 9 am and that owner wouldn't let them stay their flight was not until later that afternoon they messaged me asking what could they do, Okay my villa is empty that day tell me where you are staying I will pick you up and you can stay at my villa I didn't charge them, they needed to go at 3 pm to the airport when I came back to say goodbye they had bought us a bottle of Champagne not cheap in Thailand maybe $100  

We have had lots bring us chocolates, after shave and perfume 

Have a nice day everybody

26 Replies 26
M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Sudsrung0 

One of guests left a candle with a handmade thank you. The guest couldn't find paper, so wrote on Birch bark.  Another guest graced us with his worms for fishing.  He left them kn the fridge. We released them into a garden😉

20220222_152358.jpg

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@M199 The birch bark note is beautiful, I might steal that idea at some point even if paper is available! The fishing worms though ... 😂

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Sudsrung0,

Before the pandemic, the Gros Islet Friday Night Street Party took place for over 40 years, and was a very popular attraction by both visitors and locals.  We would sometimes meet guests while we were out, and they would purchase a rum punch or Piton beer for us while enjoying the jump up.  It's been two years since the last street party, and everyone is looking forward to when it can restart.

Ashley1299
Level 2
Bonavista, Canada

Guests have gifted me with chocolate, handmade cards, and once, a set of dessert bowls. I am overwhelmed and heartened by the generosity and thoughtfulness of people,  it is so appreciated. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sudsrung0 

Asian guests are the most likely to bring gifts as it is part of their culture. They often bring tea in very pretty tins, which I started to collect. Sadly I don't drink tea, but it's the thought that counts! One Korean gentleman gave me a beautiful set of traditional teapot and cups. I have been given lovely ornamental fans from Japan and elsewhere in Asia. I had the most delicious lunch cooked by a Korean guest who was a former chef.

It is not just Asian guests that bring gifts though. I have also received tea from guests of other nationalities, as well as wine, cute cat fridge magnets and a coffee flask!

One of the most useful and thoughtful gifts was a guest book. I didn't even know I needed one, but numerous subsequent guests have left lovely notes in it and sometimes cute drawings. 

I never expect guests to bring gifts, so it's always a lovely surprise when they do.

We've been given cards, small knickknacks from people's countries or regions, things like that. We have a signboard that we use for greeting our guests and have had guests write nice "thank you" messages on it. One large family of several people took a lovely family photo in our home, made a large print copy and left it behind for us. A family from Macedonia also left us a bottle of Vranac, a red wine from their country which we had never tried but were really impressed with.

So yes, all these things are touching. But a raving public review or even a simple thank you message in the chat box can leave you with a smile on your face.

Jon47
Level 2
Chisholm, MN

Have received a variety of gifts over the years from guests....from fresh baked treats, special coffee, and even a sample kit of items from a sales rep. But the best gifts of all are the entries left in our guest book...the memories shared are priceless to read through 🙂

Matt682
Level 9
Hednesford, United Kingdom

Meals (home cooked and not), Chinese musical instrument, food-play toys for our dog, set of Prosecco glasses, coasters with “best AirBnB host” on them, chocolates from their home country, a card game we all played together… the list goes on.

Helen575
Level 2
Nairobi, Kenya

Hosting is Great! It brings with it people of value and lots of other things like gifts. We have received gifts in form of dinners outside the home, books, onarments, fridge magnets of their country, chocolates especially from Sweden guests, gifts to the needy- items they leave behind, thank you notes and big bye bye hugs. This is their way of saying they appreciated the stay.

In addition, books and T- shirts

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Helen575 What a lovely message, thanks for sharing. I love how much you get from hosting, not only in little gestures but in meaningful gestures and connections as well! 

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Deirdre122
Host Advisory Board Member
Stellenbosch, South Africa

I'm an experience host and have had guests bring me chocolates after arranging their engagement experience. I've also received wine and biscuits. Also had returning guests bring me stroop waffles all the way from home on their next visit.