What is your story to open up your home?

Basil1
Level 3
Kumily, India

What is your story to open up your home?

It all started with a question.

The year was 2015, and I was doing my MBA. Our family had been going through a rather difficult time, and we were looking at ways to increase our income. The one asset we had was our home, and we wondered how we could utilize it for the purpose.

At first, my family was reluctant to open our home to strangers. But eventually they saw the sense in home-sharing, and agreed to go ahead with the idea. We set up the rooms, making them guest-ready. However, the question of how to bring guests to our home-stay still remained.

One day my father asked me in despair, “Do you think we would have to wait at bus stations to get tourists?” And that was how it started. An online research showed me dedicated websites that connected homeowners with paid guests. I listed my home with these sites, and soon started making money from my unoccupied space. Home-sharing, I realized, was indeed a profitable business and one that can benefit not only travelers, but other homeowners like us.

Basil1_1-1586673176431.jpeg

Basil1_3-1586673176437.jpeg

I eventually started working for one of the largest home-sharing platforms which gave me insight on why some owners are able to make a good income through sharing their homes, while others, even though they offer top class facilities, don’t get bookings.

From there evolved the idea of Hubloft, a home-sharing service that connects discerning travelers with the right kind of homes and homeowners. Today, Hubloft offers travelers a choice of carefully curated spaces that provide unmatched hospitality experience, while allowing homeowners to earn an income through sharing their living spaces.

To think that it was a question that started it all! 

What is your story?

0 Replies 0