Why Airbnb give you levels.

Answered!
Monica2864
Level 2
Grand Prairie, TX

Why Airbnb give you levels.

I notice I was level 1 when I started a conversation and really nice lady replied to my post and I notice she was level 10. After I replied her good advice I was level 2.

What that really means? Is level here at conventions or in general like a Host. 

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Monica2864 A very warm welcome to the Community Center and it is so lovely to see that you're curious to know how levels work on our Community. 🌻

Levels indicate how much a user is actively contributing to the Community Center! There are multiple factors that contribute to reaching certain levels.

As Shelly mentioned below these levels do not affect your host rankings or listings. The more constructively you are able to help the Community, Hosts and guests,  the more you can achieve a higher level. It is not just limited to the number of replies, but also other activities like the number of likes you have received, the number of best answers you've marked, and your comments being marked as best answers/solutions by other users who originally posted a question. It also depends on the number of posts or conversations you create to help other Hosts/guests. 

I hope the above explanation helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

3 Replies 3
Shelley159
Level 10
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi @Monica2864 

The levels here are just to show how much you have posted in the Community Center. It does not affect the ranking of your listings or your host ranking. It just shows how active you have been on the chat boards.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Monica2864 Frankly it means absolutely nothing. Just join in with a few more posts/replies and you will be level 10 within days.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

@Monica2864 A very warm welcome to the Community Center and it is so lovely to see that you're curious to know how levels work on our Community. 🌻

Levels indicate how much a user is actively contributing to the Community Center! There are multiple factors that contribute to reaching certain levels.

As Shelly mentioned below these levels do not affect your host rankings or listings. The more constructively you are able to help the Community, Hosts and guests,  the more you can achieve a higher level. It is not just limited to the number of replies, but also other activities like the number of likes you have received, the number of best answers you've marked, and your comments being marked as best answers/solutions by other users who originally posted a question. It also depends on the number of posts or conversations you create to help other Hosts/guests. 

I hope the above explanation helps!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines