Worcester uk

Nick1894
Level 1
Worcester, United Kingdom

Worcester uk

We are looking for an Airbnb host in or around Worcester, Worcestershire who can take two COVID first responders staying at our Airbnb from 23rd May. 

We are charging £450 for our 2 bedroom property per calendar month, but our son is unexpectedly returning from New York at the end of May. and we have been unable to find suitable accommodation for him and his partner to quarantine as he is not registered as a first responder.

We feel badly that we have had to ask the two nurses who have volunteered straight from Worcester University to move on as we had cleared our Airbnb calendar for 3 months for their use. However they have been most understanding. We have said we’ll help them look for somewhere to stay together for the next two months. Any help appreciated. 

4 Replies 4
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I think you might be more successful though your local Airbnb Facebook groups, @Nick1894. Good luck all the same.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Nick1894,

Lovely to meet you and thanks for everything you have been doing to help host key workers at this time.

To add to what @Gordon0 suggested, I wonder are you a member of the Frontline Stays group here in the Community Center, you could also see if anyone there has any suggestions. 

On a side note, it's lovely to see Worcester pop up in discussion here, it's a great part of the UK and I spent quite a lot of time around the county as a child. Brings back memories. 

Best of luck with your search and I bet it will be really nice to have your son home. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Nick1894  Have you tried the flatshare/ let by the room site "Spare Room"? - Or contacted the local hospital for the approved list of  NHS Covid-19 accommodation?

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have you got them to register on the UK front worker scheme on Airbnb @Nick1894 ?

There are also a number of private websites set up in the UK that they can register on.

Finally the hospital that they work at will be accommodation schemes they can register for.