Worst Airbnb supervisor Casey hung up on me - Case Manager Richard & Casey rudest & don't care about

Answered!
Mary-Ann10
Level 2
Princeton, NJ

Worst Airbnb supervisor Casey hung up on me - Case Manager Richard & Casey rudest & don't care about

Worst Airbnb supervisor Casey hung up on me - Case Manager Richard & Casey rudest & don't care about their jobs at Airbnb at all. 

Ok, so I've wasted way too much time on this but based on principle - UPDATE YOUR TECHNOLOGY, Airbnb and teach your case managers/supervisors who work on your resolution teams to better understand technical issues and teach them how to be more polite on your high paying customers if you don't want to go under and lose business to other vacation hosting services. 

All I wanted to do was delete a review I wrote about the host from my La jolla, San diego trip I booked through you back in March and completed travel July 11-21.  I literally spent an hour trying to delete a review that I WROTE..your site wouldn't allow me to do so therefore I deleted my account thinking the REVIEW I WROTE would disappear.  I left an expensive Hula sneaker there, sent the host a self addressed, post paid envelope to send my sneaker back to me but she won't do so with my review.  My review wasn't even that bad but the principle in point - shouldn't customers be allowed to delete their own reveiw?! 

I gave Case manager Richard and horrific supervisor Casey every bit of verification under the sun.  All my phone numbers, all my emails, confirmation # of my trip, address, date of birth - my detailed complaint to Airbnb representative Liwan on July 9, 5:45 PM (est) etc, etc, etc.  Airbnb, do you train your case managers & supervisors to huff & puff at your customers making it so obvious they can't wait to hang up?!  Teach them how to use your technology.  This isn't brain surgery here.  delete the stupid review and PLEASE DEMOTE CASEY as his attitude, indifference and obvious hostility is going to LOSE YOU LOTS OF BUSINESS. 

Wake up Airbnb - those employees of yours really stink!

1 Best Answer
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Mary-Ann10 

Lesson learnt for you & your Host by the sounds of it.

We have "private feedback" in our msg systems for things like  left behind property/ issues that can be rectified that don't need to be read by all and sundry & things like that!

Maybe reach out to @Laura_C who is Head of Customer Services & see if she can help & perhaps get the review edited to remove the bits both you & the Host agree should be removed.

Maybe we should all remember the old saying about "Walking in another's shoes"

@Laura_C  maybe that saying could be incorporated in CS staff training for all of us users betterment!

All the best

Central To All Home & Location

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Mary-Ann10 

Lesson learnt for you & your Host by the sounds of it.

We have "private feedback" in our msg systems for things like  left behind property/ issues that can be rectified that don't need to be read by all and sundry & things like that!

Maybe reach out to @Laura_C who is Head of Customer Services & see if she can help & perhaps get the review edited to remove the bits both you & the Host agree should be removed.

Maybe we should all remember the old saying about "Walking in another's shoes"

@Laura_C  maybe that saying could be incorporated in CS staff training for all of us users betterment!

All the best

Central To All Home & Location

Thank you for the tag @Helen427  and for the great suggestions. I look forward to hearing from you @Mary-Ann10  - please feel free to send me a message by hovering over my name on the CC and choosing Send message.

~Laura

--------------------

Lead, Airbnb Core Hosts & Community

Here's my Community Spotlight!

What are your favorite notes from your guests?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mary-Ann10  This is not Airbnb. It's a community forum for hosts and guests to ask questions and share information.

It's certainly rude that the case manager hung up on you (Were you yelling at them? That would do it.), but Airbnb doesn't delete reviews unless they violate their review policy, so it's not like you were being treated any differently than anyone else. Reviews just can't be deleted by the reviewer, and Airbnb won't delete them, end of story.