alteration request bug? total payout decreased after guest extends stay and after guest increases number of guests

Thang1
Level 2
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

alteration request bug? total payout decreased after guest extends stay and after guest increases number of guests

Hi all,

Has anyone caught any illogical price decreases when guests have sent alteration requests?

Case 1: Guest is currently staying at my property and request to extend 2 nights.

Original stay: July 26 to August 4 (9 nights)

New stay: July 26 to August 6 (11 nights)

I have a weekly and monthly discount set up so there should be no other discounts applied.

Price actually decreased after the request by 507,737vnd. I had to decline and manually send the guest an alteration request.

z3598703496299_6b5db54641651e8f88edeea4250d5c4a.jpg

Case 2: Guest hasn't checked in. Guest requests to increase number of guests from 2 to 3.

I charge more for any guest above 2 so the price should have gone up.

Price decreases by 816,991vnd.  I had to decline and manually send the guest an alteration request

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-07 at 7.08.44 PM.jpeg

1 Reply 1
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Thang1 

That's weird. No, I haven't experienced this, but I have experienced the opposite, i.e. the guest being overcharged when they extended the dates. I found out in the end it was because when the system recalculated the price, the long term discount disappeared. As far as I am aware, that glitch has been fixed, but I'm not totally sure.

In your examples though, it doesn't make any sense. I guess there is another glitch going on... Have you reported it to Airbnb?