changing the name of the person checking into an airbnb

Jessica1852
Level 1
Kissimmee, FL

changing the name of the person checking into an airbnb

can I change the name from me being the person responsible for checking in to my booked Airbnb stay, to my fiances name? is an ID verification required for check in as well as the receipt?

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jessica1852  Do you mean that your fiancee will be arriving first to check-in, and you will be arriving later, or that you are not going to be staying and want to transfer the booking to him? ·3rd party bookings (a person staying without the booker present) are against Airbnb's Terms of Service. Hosts don't want to accept a person showing up when they are not the guest who booked because hosts won't be covered by Airbnb's protections if they do.

You could add your fiancee to your account (many users have jpoint accounts with their partner) or your fiancee could open his own account and you could message with the host to see if they are okay with a change and you could call Airbnb to see if they could transfer the booking to his account.

As far as showing ID at th door, some hosts ask for this and some don't, but simply pretending like your fiancee is you would be deceptive and won't work- he could get turned away at the door and the host would be well within their rights to do so.

I'm sure you can work it out- just be up-front with the host first, and then get the booking to be in your fiancee's name, which will require Airbnb's assistance.

BTW, guests with blank profiles and no profile photo are not easily accepted by hosts. You should get that squared away.