host threatening guest

Danielle1127
Level 2
East Jordan, MI

host threatening guest

Hello everyone, I was recently inquiring about a stay in Davenport, FL. 

I messaged the host to ask if dogs were allowed and if so what the additional charge would be.

The host replied stating the fee was $100 - but must be paid OUTSIDE of airbnb... and that it be sent via cashapp, venmo etc. 

When I told him I was not comfortable with that, he proceeded to threaten me after calling me names. He told me to "go to he!!" and that I was a "stupid mother fu**er" and proceeded to say "Lend me your wife for the night, I will teach her a lesson" I told him that I was the wife speaking.. and asked him "are you threatening to r@pe me?" He flat out replied "Yes" and that "He would leave me sore, and be back for more." 

I reported to airbnb immediately through the phone, the first guy told me there was nothing he could do...

I hung up and called back and thankfully got someone else who filed a report immediately... but could not guarantee that his account would be banned. 

It is going on day two of his account still up and running. I am now beginning to wonder that because he has so many listings with Airbnb (10) that they value the money he brings them more than the safety of their guests...

Can anyone offer any advice on this situation, and what I can do to ensure he is held accountable? Additionally, I have not gone to the police with this, I feel unsure if they have enough to go off of to do anything? I only have his first name and I dont even know what I would tell the police.

Any help would be appreciated - Thank you  

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Danielle1127  Try contacting them on Twitter-they hate their dirty laundry aired on social media. Make sure to use the term "Trust and Safety issue".

There is also a "Report" button on the host's profile, so make sure you do that.

This host should most definitely be delisted- I can't believe he was stupid enough to write those things in an Airbnb message.

But you also have to understand that whoever you talked to at Airbnb probably doesn't have the authority to delist this host. He would only report it to the appropriate dept. and they would review it, which could take some time. So just because the host's profile is still up doesn't mean nothing will be done.

I have been in direct contact with the "Safety Team" via email. They told me that his account was "suspended" which it is not, he has been messaging and still hosting. So I don't have much faith in him being removed. At this point I'm getting more concerned with the safety of the guests he is hosting... this matter should have been handled right there. Now if he were to act out these things on any other guests it is on Airbnb's hands. I appreciate the advice to take this to twitter!