my email associated with airbnb got deleted and I can't change the email in airbnb as it requires verification from the deleted email

Lixia0
Level 2
Carlingford, Australia

my email associated with airbnb got deleted and I can't change the email in airbnb as it requires verification from the deleted email

Hi hosts

I desperately need help !

I'm a super host with 71 reviews. I  received an SMS last December that someone attempted to access my gmail account. I didn't pay much attention to it but a few weeks later I found the gmail account got deleted and unable to recover.

And just till yesterday that I found my airbnb is actually linked to that email address.  I am unable to see my list from the web based airbnb but my airbnb app is still working. And I can't do more admin tasks or access resolution centre anymore.  

I have already contacted google help and they won't be able to recover my email.  I contacted airbnb help but the response is they can't help. I have to create a new account by using a different email and I'll lost all of my reviews and the super host badge!

I appreciate if anyone can give me an idea how to resolve this ?

Thanks much!

Lixia

3 Replies 3
Md-Mizanur1
Level 10
BSB, Brunei

Dear Lixia

You need to focus to recover your previous email address first. There are few recovery option in Gmail try all the option and hope you can get back full access to your old gmail account.

If you want to change your email address in Airbnb profile you can but you need to login to you account first then change to new email address. The new email address  must not link to anything in Airbnb. If you create new account in Airbnb definitely you will lose all Airbnb credentials and status.

You could right to Airbnb Customer Support: support@airbnb.com or you you may call: +1-855-424-7262

Hope you could get back your Airbnb account full access.

Thank you

Regards

Mizanur

Thanks Mizanur

I have tried contacting Google support but no luck. my account is not recoverable. It was hacked by someone as I definitely didn't delete it.

with airbnb, we can't access resolution centre now,  for upcoming guests, we can't request any money if there is damage.

We tried to change my email but it didn't work for some reason. The password associated with my account no longer working.

Also tried to make my husband (he was co-host) the primary host, but he still can't access the resolution centre as it's only accessible by the listing admin.  I spoke with an airbnb support, and I was told changing the listing admin will automatically cancel all of the upcoming reservations.

I'm at the dead corner and don't know how to get out...

How can I get  escalate to airbnb support higher?

I just simply want to update my email (with my original email not longer exist).

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Lixia0 & welcome to ABB CC from across the Tasman Sea from Remuera, Auckland, New Zealand

Did you get one of those annoying msgs that is along the lines of a Critical Security Alert from Google & it says someone tried to access xyz Gmail account and asking for verification?

I have great empathy to anyone who gets those.

The only way to stop them is to fix up one's account.

I kept getting told my password was incorrect however it was correct.

The simplest way is to delete the account from your device then re add it and that may help fix access to it.

If you have more than one Gmail account you should be able to recover it via your phone number or the email address you used to set it up as they should link back.

I hope that helps - alternatively have you looked in Google in general terms to see if someone else has discussed this frustrating issue with been locked out of one's Gmail account?

Those discussion forums often have helpful info.

All the best

Central To All Home & Location