superhost grants

Gary50
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

superhost grants

Airbnb is my main income, I only rent out my spare room, I have been a superhost for years. When will the emails be sent out? Thanks x

7 Replies 7
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Gary50 as far as I understand, sometime next month has been indicated.

Sanee0
Level 2
Vietnam

Emails will be send out next month? Do you have a source for that info?

I thought the grants will be payed out by the end of April. Need some financial relief urgently.  confused ...

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Sanee0 I did see this info on this very forum, but I do not have the link to the particular post, sorry.

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Gary50 

If you have no other source of income other than income from letting your spare room - have you applied for Universal Credit.

There are also a fair few temporary jobs going at the moment in retail, on farms, delivery drivers, amazon etc if you need to boost your income.

good luck,

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Do you also advertise on 'Spare Room' @Gary50 ? This site caters for people looking for a lodger, from 1 or 2 weeks to long term. Key workers from outside the area may still need a place for a short contract.... Yes, there is some risk to you, but you can practice social distancing in your flat! - I personally have a lodger 2-3 nights a week who is a social worker. Not as risky as a doctor/nurse on the frontline. Good luck!

Robin4
Top Contributor
Mount Barker, Australia

@Gary50 

Gary, at the moment it is all just talk. Here is the official line........

Superhost relief fund..png

Who will be illegible and get an invite.....who knows Garry. You will note that the whole thing is very 'nebulous', no time-frame structure has been put on it and no eligibility requirements have been flagged.

For all we know it could just be a bit more 'speak-easy' talk.

We just have to wait and see.

Cheers......Rob

Susan3664
Level 2
Cardiff, United Kingdom

Hi

HAS ANYONE IN THE UK RECEIVED THE FORM TO APPLY FOR THE SUPERHOST GRANT?