what is booking on airbnb?

Elaine772
Level 2
Langhorne, PA

what is booking on airbnb?

is it when host accepted my reservation or when i requested to book?

32 Replies 32
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Elaine772  You don't know and obviously don't care how ridiculous and rude your latest responses have appeared to be.

I have never kept a guest's payment if they had to cancel. I have a simple private room listing and am not reliant on the income, and don't really care if I can't rebook a cancelled date. I prefer to approach hosting in a relaxed way and avoid situations of conflict with guests if at all possible. I have a moderate cancellation policy, because I think fully refunding guests, at least for me, up to 5 days before check-in, is reasonable. 

You aren't the only poster on internet forums who feels justified in slinging false accusations at others you know nothing about, simply because you didn't appreciate their responses.

I thought you said you were done here, yet you find it necessary to continue and escalate your attacks. Says a lot about your attitude and gives some insight into why security may have been chasing you around.

i dont give ..... what you do. all i wanted to have explanation why i could not cancel on my own.  reasonable expectation from someone who claims level 10. and create awareness that some hosts are just running 48 hour clock so guests unable to cancel. but looks like bnb fraud is their mo, so everyone simply expects it. i was just naïve, now i know

@Elaine772  And again you attempt to be insulting, while speaking from a point of ignorance. 

No one "claims level 10". The levels shown here are simply a reflection of how much activity a user has on this forum- how often they post, how many thumbs up their posts get. It's some social media algoritm on this forum that users have no input into.  It has zero to do with their hosting or guest accounts, or their level of expertise.

Yes, there are scammy hosts out there, just as there are scamming guests. And no one here has claimed that customer service is anything approaching competent or helpful. That's a reality that all users are usually faced with when they have an issue.