Κάθε τέλος μια νέα αρχή - Ends are new beginnings

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Κάθε τέλος μια νέα αρχή - Ends are new beginnings

Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 10.35.41.png

Hi everyone, 

I wanted to let you know about some upcoming changes to the Community Team. With a heavy heart, it's time for me to leave the CC, as I will take on a new challenge in my career. 

I've been part of this community for almost two years, and while I didn't join it during the... best of circumstances, I loved coming to work every day, thanks to you all. 

I will dearly miss talking to you, coming up with content ideas for you to read, creating topics and taking virtual tours around the world alongside you; raise your hand if I ever bugged you to create content and send you a doc link to do so. I'll miss the continuous flow of expert advice and knowledge you all had and provided to your peers, the engaging discussions, the fun games. 

The good thing is I'll be staying with Airbnb, building and supporting a team of Host Leaders in Southeast Europe. I will still see most of the CC team in different meetings from time to time and will have a chance to find out how you all are. I might even make a surprise appearance in a meetup - not a threat but proceed with caution 😁

The community will always stay very close to my heart, and I'll make sure to visit from time to time to read your posts. I'll certainly pop in to read your feedback on some exciting things we've been planning for a while. 

This also means that a new Community Manager is stepping in to ensure the trio of managers is restored around here; please give a big welcome to @Sybe - between his love for cooking, his purrfect cat and the energy he brings he’s basically me, but Dutch - so you are in good hands 😜

So go on, keep making me proud! 

Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 11.39.43.png

32 Replies 32
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Take care, @Nick ! Hello, @Sybe !

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Well @Nick  it’s been a pleasure having you on board the CC. I’m glad for your new challenges and endeavours, that will see you still with AIrbnb. DO drop in to the social get togethers, so we can see and hear you occasionally.

So stay well, stay safe and keep enjoying life! 💐

Welcome on board @Sybe! Yes, you have some big shoes to fill, but you will do it in your own way, as @Nick  did before you…….   🙂

Don’t rush, stay alert, and as I’ve always said:

Stay fair, stay firm, stay friendly and take time to listen , enquire and be flexible where needed. 
Welcome aboard! 🙌🏼

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

That's some very good advice, thank you @Cathie19  and thanks for the warm welcome!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Nick 

So, so sorry to see you go! You've been amazing and will be sorely missed. I do hope you keep in touch. x

Heather133
Level 10
Stowe, VT

Best wishes and much success in your new position @Nick and prettige kennis te maken @Sybe  !

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Bedankt for the warm welcome @Heather133 !

-----

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Nick,

Congratulations on your new endeavor!  It's always exciting to see someone take on new opportunities.  I am sure that you will take the experiences and information learned here in the community, and use them to help the group of host leaders you will be supporting.

@Sybe, welcome.  I hope you enjoy your ride with us.  

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Debra300 Thank you! I'm all buckled up and ready for what's to come haha.

-----

Wow!

@NickI'm so sad for us but so excited for you. Good luck in your new journey. You'll be terrific. I appreciated your "lightness" on the boards. You feel like such a part of our extended family. Thanks for introducing us to @Sybe  Looking forward to her insights!

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Nick  I am so sorry you are leaving 😞 😞 😞 😞 . We will miss you, thank you for all your help and good luck with your new job

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Nick  all the best buddy . Did not have much to do with you but personal engagement and a smiling face coupled with honesty always gets my vote . Safe travels

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hello @Nick 

I wish you success in your new role in Airbnb !

Certainly I and the community will miss you! Who will continue with the games!? 🙂

Not only you were a great CM but You was also the king of the games of the community! 🙂

Please, before you leave, remmeber to pass the crown to another member of the CM team !  🙂 Games must go on! 🙂 Do not forget to post the picture of the coronation ceremony, please! 🙂

My best !

Jose Renato

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hello @Sybe   

Please to meet you ! Welcome ! 

John5097
Level 10
Charleston, SC

Best wishes @Nick on your future endevors at ABB! You always seemed to have a genuine interest in people and cultures that made your contributions here at the CC very interesting and intriguing.  

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Nick Well, I'm not good with bye at all....actually, I dislike them so much especially with people that you know have a kind and sweet spirit. Its so bizarre that 2 yrs has elapsed already but time is now different for everyone I'd say. We were so fortunate to get the 2 yrs of you onboard the team to help keep us afloat Nick. We will remember you - and hope you'll pop in on some zoom meet ups to surprise us. Really glad that you aren't going far and hope its going to be a fine adventure into the new position. Take care and we thank you for all your work, your kindness during these very turbulent days for everyone. Blessings always Nick

@Sybe I didn't waste time introducing myself to you did I? Thanks for taking on my immediate question and small challenge over the first message of introduction.  I wasn't deliberately testing or anything, I just had an issue of concern and Sybe thanks you immediately helped me, told me what to do and how to do it with such clear instructions so I could feel safer, and more secure. Welcome to the CC....You Rock in my book. I know we will all get to know you better and I'm sure it will be awesome. Till soon