Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb Host Community Tour

World.jpg

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all having a good week.

I wanted to let you know about an upcoming trip that Laura Chambers,  who leads the team dedicated to helping hosts succeed, and I will be making from April 2nd-12th.

The trip is a whistle-stop tour around the world, with stops in Tokyo, Sydney, Rome, London and Toronto; with the aim being to catch-up with as many of our hosts community and listen to your thoughts.

I will be posting here in the CC throughout the trip, telling you about the hosts we meet along the way and the topics being discussed. I hope you will be keen to contribute to the conversations.

In addition, you are also likely to be treated with many pictures of me sitting in different airport lounges. So, much to look forward to! 🙂

Keep an eye out for my posts.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

48 Replies 48

@Lizzie 

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for posts of your globe-trotting adventures 🙂 

Have fun and stay safe while on the road or in the skies~ too bad Seoul, South Korea is not on your itinerary. Hopefully next time?!?!?!?!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks so much @Jessica-and-Henry0 for your kind words.  I was hoping Seoul might be on the intinerary, and we would have been able to meet, but it wasn't meant to be this time around. Plus, I would really like to see the cool solar panel you have on your window. 🙂 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Can't wait what's out there. Thanks

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie  We'll be waiting and watching to hear all about the whirlwind tour.............exciting! Thanks for letting us know. Travel safely................till soon, Clara

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I will try my best. 🙂 Thanks @Clara116 . It's certainly going to be  great two weeks. I look forward to sharing more with you. 

I hope all is well. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Sara494
Level 3
Philadelphia, PA

Whoa, ambitious route ladies, that sounds awesome!!! 👏 🗺 🏘 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Yeah, it certainly is @Sara494 – it's going to be an action packed two weeks.  🙂

--------------------

Jia-Hui0
Level 2
Johor Bahru, Malaysia

Wow, it is awesome ! But may I know, did you guys have any plan in Southern East Asia ?

Becuase here we have a lot of hosts and I hope that we can connect a good community like another  Europe country ~ 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Helllo @Jia-Hui0,

There certainly is and we have some amazing hosts from that region here in the CC. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough time to fit any more places into this trip (however much I would be happy to turn it into a year long trip)! 

It would be wonderful to visit you and other hosts there. Maybe next time. 🙂 

--------------------

Jia-Hui0
Level 2
Johor Bahru, Malaysia

Sure ^_^ Enjoy your journey ~ Will follow up your information.

@Lizzie 

Congratulations for the great IDEA of  the trip as a whistle-stop tour around the world! I waited it for so long time... Take care! 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Lilly28, this is great to hear. Is there anything in particular you are looking forward to hearing about? 

🙂

--------------------

@Lizzie 

Hi Lizzie,

Yes, I would like something in particular from tours like yours in future. Not now - this time it is more like a first try.

As Brian Chesky mentioned in his last video with the help of his staff - 3 things are important for bookings - price, location and pictures. You cannot have right knowledge of location everywhere. But to be able to give proper advice on right prices you have to know location - just as brokers can tell you the price - comparing location and quality of the accommodation.

You made connection to local photographers. That is a good idea. But I think that connection with some good local brokers would also be a good idea, and very often these brokers are good photographers as well. They can better advice you about price and quality - and in this way your TIPS on prices would not be so arbitrary as now they are.

I will give you example. In my town you have divided the flats in 2 categories - that in the Center and others labeled as City PROVINCE! The best and most expensive place in the town is labeled as Province! In the same time some of the worst places are labeled as Center City. And more and more flats from this best place are moving from Airbnb to Bookings.com, because you ask them to lower their prices much below the price they will have when they will rent it to a tenant who will pay the bills and nobody will do the cleaning for the tenant...  

I wish you successful future travels! And I am reading all you message here in the forum! Thank you, Lizzi!

@Lizzie:
I want your job!! Have a great adventure!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Tim-and-Holly0 

Tell me about it... I'm green over here 😞

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines