Airbnb Webinar: 'How to be a Hostrepreneur'

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb Webinar: 'How to be a Hostrepreneur'

Hostrepreneur.png

Hello,

It is webinar time again! On Tuesday, March 15th Airbnb's Shaun and Michael will be discussing 'How to be a Hostrepreneur'. More details can be found below.

Enjoy!

Airbnb Webinar: How to be a Hostrepreneur

Join Airbnb employees Shaun Stewart and Michael Endelman for this free webinar on how to bring an entrepreneurial mindset to your hosting.

This was one of the most popular sessions at Airbnb Open, so don’t miss this opportunity for a live Q&A with the speakers as they dive deeper into the topic.  Tune in and share your questions and comments via chat - we’ll answer as many as we can.

The webinar will be 45 minutes, and the recorded session will be available for replay. Please note the presentation will be in English.

When: Tuesday, March 15th, 10:00AM PDT (GMT-7)

Pre-register now using this link and we’ll remind you about the webinar closer to the date.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

21 Replies 21

Thanks for posting the link Lizzie!  I'm new around here and found this incredibly helpful.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Sara3,

Lovely to meet you. 

I am sorry to hear that you found this webinar difficult. If you have any suggestions on how this can be improved I know the team would hear your ideas and feedback. Also, they are making improves to each webinar hosted based on feedback from hosts listening in.  Please do let me know, as after all they are specifically for you and the rest of the host community so we want to make them as enjoyable and useful as possible. 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Steven29,

Welcome to the Community Center and thanks for your post.

Great to hear you found this webinar useful, I just wanted to highlight that there will be another webinar next week, Behind the Scenes of CX, more details can be found in the announcment section of the CC. We are taking question on that thread which will be submitted for the Q&A part of the webinar so feel free to add any you have there. 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

Hi @Lizzie!   Thanks for the heads-up.  I have another meeting scheduled at that time but will see what I can do to reschedule.

Do you know if it will be recorded and made available online after the event?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Steven29,

Yes, the webinar is due to be recorded so you will be able to listen to it at a later stage. I believe the idea is that it will be ready to listen to within a couple of days from the live event, but when I have the recorded link I will post it here in the CC and will let you know. 🙂

--------------------

Awesome - thanks! Going to try to be live.

Will forward some Q's too.

Hi @Lizzie - Hoping you can point me in the right direction here.

A big part of the Hostrepreneur webinar was talking about pricing.  How the Airbnb suggested pricing model works and what we should do on our own to price based on local factors - all great info!   The Stats page on the Dashboard provided terrific insight search behavior on BOTH the day the searched and hit our individual pages and what days they were searching for.  A couple of weeks ago the search results for "By Trip Date" and the Average View Nearby (the local demand curve in red) were removed.  This is a HUGE bummer as that is really important data to help us understand what the users are looking for thus determining how we should/can be pricing.

Can you tell me why this was removed and when it will be back?   I've talked to a bunch of other users (including many threads about it here) and there are a lot of people really frustrated and angry about this.

The webinar was all about being smart and treating this like a small business.  A lot of us here do and count on Airbnb to give us the tools to do just that.  Teaching us to be smarter and getting us excited about doing it better...then removing one of the essential elements to do that does not make any sense to me.

I've attached a few screenshots I took before the tool went away.  The first is "By Search Date" which is the only thing that still exists.  The next is the "By Trip Date" that was removed.

I look forward to your response and if this should be directed somewhere else please let me know.  This is really important to a lot of us.

Thanks for reading!

Steven

Screenshot: By Search Date

http://imgur.com/inJzX1I

Screenshot: By Trip Date (now missing from the Stats page)

http://imgur.com/265biMf