CC: Update and New Features

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

CC: Update and New Features

Hello everyone,

You may have noticed a few changes in the Community Center over the past few days! 🙂

As many of you are aware, since November when we first launched the CC, we have been gathering your feedback and ideas, and from this we have been working on a way to best implement these back into the CC. As a result, we have had a little makeover...

What's new?

New look: We received feedback on the overall look of the CC and so we have updated the design considerably - explore the CC to find out more.

• Revamped rooms: You gave us a lot of feedback about discussion rooms, and we’ve updated them to better fit the categories you asked for. We’re keeping the number of “rooms” low, but encourage you to get more specific by adding topic tags to your posts.

All Discussion Rooms.png

Tags: Add topic tags to your conversations to help people find and follow them—we’ll show trending topics on the Community Center homepage. You can also follow a topic to get updates whenever new content is posted.

Top Contributors: We’re so lucky to have a vibrant and active community of hosts, and we want to make sure your amazing contributions to the community get recognized—that’s why you’ll see a new Top Contributors section of the homepage.

Top Contributors

Direct messaging: Need to ask another host a private question? You can now direct message other community members right from the Community Center. This was introduced a couple of months ago, but thought I would highlight again. 🙂 

Alongside these there are also many smaller changes! As with any large update there is a settling in period and we are working on anything that arises. Thank you so much for your patience with this.

We are really excited about the improvements. We hope you are too and we would love to hear your thoughts as the CC continues to evolve, so feel free to reply to this thread. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

2 Replies 2
Brittany1
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Hi @Lizzie

I'm happy with the look of the new community center but I'm very disappointed that the posts do not show up in chronological order. I really like to get on the forum in the evening to answer recently posted questions but now most recent are mixed in with older posts. Please introduce a sort options....for example "most recent", "trending", "no responses", "most responses"

A lot of messages gets swallowed up and are left unanswered while others seem to trend and have a ton of activity.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Lizzie

I don't feel it needed to be vamped up that much at all.

At first it looked like the option to view ALL new conversation on one page had been removed which I thought extremely unfortunate. After quite a while of clicking all pages I realized that  they were together.

However, it is very confusing seeing their order when several just say "a month ago" or "3 days ago". It feels like an old post snuck in.

My experience with other forus is yes, to show that it is an older post form for ex. "one month ago", but  it was commented on "4 min ago".

There are so many of the same repeat questions - like frustrated hosts not knowing how to contact Airbnb (yes, that infor is indeed more than well hidden away!); or other basic questions that they hadn't even bothered to read before starting out. 

Hosts don't seem to get that community isn't a helpdesk as such either.

I think a lot of problems could be nipped in the bud, like having instant booking on while not having a clue as to what that entails and having to cancel  reservations due to that. And there's lots more, like cancelling without penalty means checking with Airbnb first.. Maybe just host naaivite, yet I would strongly suggest that with each new host signing up, there is a pop-up page reminding them to get informed before just listing or something to that effect.