CEO Brian Chesky answers your questions

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

CEO Brian Chesky answers your questions

Hello everyone,

I wanted to let you know that the first global host Q&A with our CEO and Head of Community Brian Chesky is next week. In the Q&A, Brian will answer your top-voted questions.

To submit your questions about the Airbnb platform, hosting, or anything else you’d like Brian to address, visit the event page* (note that you’ll need to register first). You can also vote for your favorite questions from other hosts around the world.

The Q&A will be livestreamed from San Francisco on November 29th at 6:00pm PST (UTC–8) so make sure to tune in live, or watch the video afterwards.

The event will be held in English, but videos with translated subtitles will be posted in the Community Center a few weeks after the livestream.

I’m looking forward to reading your questions and seeing which ones are most important to you.

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

* ----------Updated Feb 2018----------

Hello,

This event has now finish, to watch the recording, take a look here.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

40 Replies 40
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Lizzie  would I use the link in this posting to access the live chat Nov. 29?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Linda108,

Great to see you are interested in this. Yes, you enter via the same link above to watch the live event on Nov 29th. You are able to click on the link now and once registered, you will be able to see the questions others have asked and vote for them, or if you have an different question you can ask that too. I believe then when the live event starts next week, the livestream will then show instead. 

Do you think you will ask any questions? 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I did register, @Lizzie and the questions that are already posted were on target for me so I just added my "vote" to many of the questions.

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

Thank you Lizzie you are a great help 

Kristen4
Level 2
Kirkland, WA

Hi:

Once on the events page, how do I vote for my favorite questions?

I don't see any mechanism / funactionality to do that... I must be missing it somehow?

It's not that busy of a page so not sure how I'm missing it!

The fact that I can see the list of questions ... is this all the confirmation I need that I am registered?

I assume I registered but perhaps not.

Thanks,

Kristen

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Lizzie

maybe I am blind but I don't see any questions there... I registered, I'm able to ask a question but that's it.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Branka-and-Silvia0 and @Kristen4,

Thanks for checking on this. 

Once you have registered, you will see a page like this (if you haven't registered you won't be able to see this):

Q&A

Branka, if you can't see any of the questions, perhaps if you click on the 'Settings' button on the right hand-side of the page (indicated) you may have some filters turned on which is limiting what you are seeing. 

You can scroll through the questions listed on the right of the page. 

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on.

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

@Lizzie

thank you for your answer , I did register and followed your link but it is just spinning endlessly... I tried different browsers but it is always the same.

qA.png

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

hmmm, that's strange @Branka-and-Silvia0. I found it did this for a few seconds and then should display the questions as shown in my screenshot. 

I imagine you have tried this already, but I know it can sometimes help. Have you tried clearing your computer's cache? 

I asked a teammate to register to check if it is working and they were able to register and see the questions as expected, so hopefully this will work for you too soon. 

Do let me know how you get on.

Thanks,
Lizzie

--------------------

@Lizzie I tried to clean cache and everything, even dust on my laptop but no avail..  Brian just don't want to hear my questions 😛

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww @Branka-and-Silvia0, technology has a life of its own sometimes!! I don't suppose you have anothe device you could try it on?  

--------------------

I was unable to attend.  When will the videos be available?

Thanks Lizzie.  The arrow that showed where / how to up click a question was great info / great visual.  

Best, 

Kristen

Hi, Lizzie and others here!

I simply opened my email announcing today's event, and automatically was apparently registered/signed in, as it WAS the site, and I wrote a bit, voted, and look forward to the webinar.

Thanks, Lizzie.  I haven't been here in awhile but was checking something else and noticed this event being discussed.  I hope that the email-idea does work for others, so they can be looking online for that!

Have a great day, take care,

Debbie S. ****

Debbie and Jim **** -  hosts, Harbor Island Retreat ~ and ~  Harbor Island Family Retreat - Airbnb(s)

Wrightsville Beach, N. C.  U. S. A.  28480