Celebrating 3 years of the Community Center

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Celebrating 3 years of the Community Center

Hello everyone,

This week marks the 3rd year of the Community Center and what a three years it has been! If you have been here from the start you will be able to think back and see how much the Community Center has evolved, not only in the design alone, but also in community spirit.

To mark the occasion, we thought we would share some amazing quotes which we have spotted over the past year...

A special thank you to our most active contributors over the past year here:

Name cloud - EN CC.png

We also want to take this opportunity to thank every single one of you for all your support, the great discussions we have had, the feedback you have shared and the laughter we have enjoyed together.  

It would be lovely to hear what your favourite moments have been. 🙂

Thank you,

Lizzie & @Quincy

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

15 Replies 15
Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Nice, very nice. Letti gets the exposure she deserves. I love her.

And I like the german and englisch CC. Best part of airbnb indeed.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks so much @Ute42, it is really nice to hear you enjoy the CC so much. It is also great we get to share you here in the English as well as the German. 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

I miss some old members like Wendy, Marzena, Dave, Andrea ... 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw yes, I agree @Branka-and-Silvia0. I really enjoyed speaking to them as well. I hope when they have more time they will come back and see us here. 

--------------------

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Congratulations to the community!

Congratulations to Lizzie for her excellent work at the helm of this community!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@J-Renato0, you are so kind. Thanks you so much for everything you contribute to our community here. Similarly to what I said to Ute, I know you also enjoy being part of our Portuguese CC, so it is so nice that you also take the time to join us here too. 

Here's to the 4th year. 🙂

--------------------

Paul0
Level 10
Brunswick, Australia

3 years hey? Happy Birthday.

That'd be 3 years since Groups met it's rough demise... which from a quality, privacy and engagement perspective was 10X better.

Nice to see the community platform and functionality has been tuned though.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Paul0 and it is lovely to see you here. 🙂 

Yes, the Community Center has certainly changed quite a bit in this time – you will remember it back in November 2015 when we first launched it, you wouldn't recognise the place!

We have some exciting things ahead too. 

Wishing you well with everything and I hope to speak with you again soon. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie Thanks for this lovely tribute - and thanks for including me! I so enjoy being part of the community center. I especially love the so many faces all over the world of other hosts that I am getting to know and respect.  Clara B.

Colleen47
Level 10
Frisco, CO

I suppose I arreared just after the beginning. I truly appreciate the community center. It has shaped my view of how things ought to go, allowed me to ask questions uninhibited, and I can vent to people who understand when meed be. Thanks much! @Lizzie

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I see so many names there that we do not hear enough from nowadays, like Mathew, David and others that wish we did. Great idea Lizzie. 🙂

P.S. Been extra busy lately with getting boats ready for this season thus my recent dissapearing act, but almost done. 

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@LizzieThanks for the mentions. Love it. Also, thanks for taking such great care of the community centre: it really is a great resource, and it's been invaluable to me to feel that I'm not alone as a host. Here's to many more years!

As a protest for your political antisemitic decision to exclude Jewish homes in the West Bank in Israel from AirBnB (Which shows you don't understand the West Bank is a name of a geographic area ruled once by Jordan) I will limit my use in AirBnB, and stop using your platform.
As far as I know, Israel is the only conflict zone you took a political stand at. This is called hypocrisy, and it shows your company is influenced by inner political agendas, which a bad for any company.

I was deeply upset about the decision to exclude Jews from hosting in the Israeli-administered territories under dispute. This is a political decision - and a form of boycott.  Of course guests have the choice where to stay, and if they feel uncomfortable about staying in a Jewish community, they have every right to stay elsewhere. But to exclude Jews from hosting because of their geographical location - that's something else- and quite ugly.  Many of the Jewish communities where guests once had the option of visiting existed before 1948 - when the Arabs expelled or killed the Jews living there. They were rebuilt after Israel gained control over these territories in 1967. 
We look forward to peace with our Arab neighbors, and hope that the political future of these areas can be settled through negotiations that will lead to peace.  But joining an anti-Jewish boycott is unworthy of Airbnb. 
I have enjoyed using airbnb on my trips abroad in the past. I will no longer be able to do so, and that upsets me.