Community Center Home Page Update

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Community Center Home Page Update

Hello Everyone,

You may have noticed something is a little different around here. I am pleased to say we have a new Community Center Home page. Many of the new features shown here are a direct result of feedback we have received from the community here and the way you would like the CC to work for you, so we hope you like the new look! 🙂

Landing page

The home page is now a central hub that shows you what is happening in the Community Center. As part of this, one of the main changes you will notice is the introduction of the discussion tabs: 'Top', 'Recent' and 'Unanswered'. 

Tabs

The 'Recent' tab, displays the posts which have the latest replies on them. This means you can have a thread that was created a few days ago, which someone has just replied to. 

To the right-hand side of the page you will now see several different features. One of my personal favorites is the 'Your Latest Posts' , this shows your latest replies or new topics you have posted. To see more of your posts, click on 'View All' and this will take you to your 'Community Profile' where you can view your activity. This will make it easier to keep track of your discussions. 🙂

There is quite a lot to explore on this redesign, so we hope you enjoy taking a look around (if you haven't already)!

I know several of you have already started a thread here in the CC on the recent changes, which is fantastic to see. I would love to hear your feedback on the redesign, so please do continue to share your thoughts here and anything you spot which you want to highlight to us. 

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

11 Replies 11
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

"Recent" and "Unanswered" make sense. Instead of "Top" which keeps older dramas in fresh circulation, would "Most Asked" be more useful? Just a thought. I like that you are outlining the updates, @Lizzie. Much appreciated!

Ditto to what @Lawrene0 just shared, about your efforts, @Lizzie. Thank you, @Lizzie, for taking the time to keep us posted.

Jude

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks so much @Lawrene0 and @Jude7 for your comments and the feedback about the tab name 'Top' this is so useful. Just to find out more around this, would you prefer to see most asked questions here rather than say most popular by thumbs up or say comments?

Thanks again. 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Come to think of it, "Most asked" is a bit of a minefield, too. Maybe three tabs:

Solved: for those with a featured answer

Recent: chronological, not by comments or thumbs up

Unanswered: just as it is now

Thanks for asking, @Lizzie!

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Lizzie  I like what @Lawrene0 has recommended.  I think a "solved" category would help hosts who are looking for help and actually search the discussion threads before posting a redundant thread.

Blagoje0
Level 10
Split, Croatia

Top discussion tab is one of my favorite options in this new Community Center Home page @Lizzie.

Here you can find threads that have attracted most attention and participation of other hosts.

Airbnb community grows every day so new members can now easely find these threads rated by other hosts as the most interesting, useful or helpful. It is great option, especially for new community members and we can all see a huge number of members involved in these discussions with their first post in the community.

It can mean for experienced CC member "here is it again" but not for new ones.

I also think it would be good that afer some time top threads should be moved to another place (but still possible to read) so that new interesting discussions have a chance to be on the first page and be easely found by a larger number of community members.

Blagoje0
Level 10
Split, Croatia

And I agree with what Lawrene wrote about recent tab - chronological, not by comments or thumbs up.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

It is great to hear more about your thoughts around this @Blagoje0@Linda108 and @Lawrene0

Just thinking more on this, in terms of 'solved' answers I would love to hear your thoughts on what you would count as this?

This board currently show the 'top' threads automatically. Presently in the CC, in the Community Help board we are able to mark a response as 'most helpful' and a tick will appear on it, plus it will appear higher up in search. As this is only a function in this one board, as the other boards are for more of a discussion, do you feel it would be a shame not to see threads like top tips and topical discussion shown in the section of the Home page? 

Thanks so much. 🙂

--------------------

I completely agree, @Lizzie. It is a shame so much that is useful gets lost in the shuffle. So more tabs, then? Top Tips, Most Discussed, Solved, Recent, Unanswered? 

And a really comprehensive search function. That last, I think, is the most important. 

@Lizzie:  I think the tabs @Lawrene0 mentions outline the best solution. While some of the updates are nice, losing the chronological version has been most detrimental. Using a Recent tab that lists chronologically would be similar to what we had and gives us the option to scan new questions quickly in one concise location. This is especially helpful if we are short on time and helps to ensure we don't miss anything.

I agree with @Karen-and-Will0@Lizzie.  I miss being able to quickly read new posts that are getting buried by the endless rehashing of old topics, as new people notice them and respond.  I think I've had enough of "If it wasn't for the money...."  which has, as of this minute, 173 responses - not necessarily because it's a top topic, but it's a top topic because it's on top! 🙂

Jude